How many basics do you have in your deck?

How many basics do you have in your deck?

• Less than 5

Votes: 3 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 4 13.3%

Votes: 6 20.0%

Votes: 2 6.7%

Votes: 5 16.7%

Votes: 5 16.7%

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • More than 12

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Usually people play more basics if they are using a more complicated strategy which requires more time to set-up, but that doesn't mean its always slow but I think its generally slower than those who play say 6-8 basics. Otherwise, having more basics could also mean a lot of teching, and that could also cause you to not be able to get your preferred starter that often, unless somehow all your techs are excellent starters.

I run 12 in mine. 2 are armor fossils, though. 4 main attacker (magikarp), and 3 lines of techs ( 4 unown p, 2 suicune and the 2 armor fossils). My deck revolves around the basics. I need at least 2 unown p's on the bench to fuel flail on gyarados, a bastiodon for snipe cover and one or two backup gyarados's. Suicune's there to sit in my hand until i need to drop it for aqua recover. Call energy really speeds things up for a basic reliant deck like mine. If i go second, my bench is usally full thanks to roseanne's and call.

i tihnk the golden # would be 10 , u got ur 4 starters, ur 4 main dude, and then 2 techs, usually one for claydol, or sometymes even both

Back