Pokemon How has Pokemon affected your life?

how has pokemon affected your life? post reason for vote below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what it is thats had me a fan for so many years..I'm even an older fan I can't ay things like it helped me read and such. I'll be 32 in December.. I was 18 when ti hit in the US.. I guess it was something monsterly envolved with my friend james,.. a strong thing we had in common, even though he grew out of it during the third gen. I continue to watch, play record every episode... I'm going to see the new movie in theaters and i will be wearing my pokemon league expo hat with pride.

What keeps it going for me.. I don't know... it;s just somethign special that I love so much. It has taught me things over the years.. sportsmanship, respect, and honor as a trainer,.. and not to judge others..

Pokemon has a had it's impact on my life here and there.
- I made some of the best friends I've known
- I got help for Marching Band and High School because said friends are older
- More Courage (in many ways)
- I'm able to focus a little more and think in different ways now.
- Conversation starter
- Hours of entertainment
- Allowed me to travel out of town for the first time in my life, even if it wasn't that far.
- Let me find PokeBeach
- Even more entertainment (oh and deck help but that's not important)
- My mother has given me a bit more freedom since I've gone to leauge
- Most of all, It's given me a way "out" at times. Every time something is wrong, I either just go tweak a deck or play to clear my head or text my friends for advice on things.
- Edit: Memories of Friends AND Family before my parents split.

So Pokemon has mainly had a big impact on my life in more ways than I thought actually. Just lost some money though..

I'd say pokemon has both negatively and positively affected my life.While I'm scorned for still enjoying what I love (grew up with it),I've the wonderous pleasure of meeting those whom share an equal or similar interest as I do.Pokebeach is a prime example of such.

I honestly try to ignore the constant scrutiny,I really do not believe those whom know little of the franchise can truly comprehend how addicting it can be,as well as how many strategic implements its comprised of.But beyond that,I'll continue to enjoy and indulge in the series,if anything,its increased my self-esteem,its something I enjoy and as such,I am unabashed to admit this truth.

It's been an entertaining way to procrastinate and waste time. :cool:

No but really it's fun and sometimes nostalgic and... well, yeah, an entertaining way to procrastinate and waste time.

And I blame holographic cards at least in part for my magpie syndrome.

I now have tons of imagination, thanks to Mario, Sonic, Pokemon(Anime, games and manga!) and other things I've liked. Someday, I will be free enough to write as many Fan Fictions as I want, without any school story rules.(Mind me, I'm young.) I always feel there is a friend to talk to in my head, where I can use glorious powers.. I've also learned quite some stuff. I do seem to talk about the anime over and over, but there seems to be not much people I know who likes Pokemon. At first, I thought it was boyish. In fact, I think, a few years ago, I saw the near-last bit of Celebi: Voice of the forest. Later, I started getting interested, about a couple of years ago, that Disney XD (the name, not the psyched face, and I live in the Middle East, by the way) started to air Pokemon DP. My first episode I watched was Cheers on Castaways Isle, and I loved it. Long story short, I started having feelings for Ash, and I started to keep watching if I had the chance. I remember I saw Paul & Ash's Battle at Uxie's lake, the episode when Team Galactic is defeated, some Grand Festival episodes.... but when I discovered that I could watch on the Internet, I saw the chance and used it. I've seen lots more... then I was introduced to the other series via Bulbapedia and the episodes. I started reading the manga on the Internet at least a month ago. I've put too much detail, but still, I love my new imaginary homebuddies!

I had to go with neutral on this....I LOVE Pokemon, and personality or mentality wise, it's had no adverse effects. My bank account, however.... :p

Back when I was in third grade I received Pokemon Ruby as a Christmas gift I played the game for 20 minutes got stuck in your home town lol I was such a scrub before putting it down. About 3 months later my friend looked through my Game Boy games and came across it and asked me how far I was and such, but I replied that I didn't like it and did not play it. My friend then got me into it by teaching me the basics I didn't understand concepts so like how to capture Pokemon and use TMs so I got to the Pokemon League with a Level 97 Blaziken (named Cicikec I didn't understand nicknames either lol) knowing scratch, peck, Sky Uppercut and OverHeat. At school kids were playing with cards and I just had to get them so there I went with that fad. Then 5th grade came and my friends grew out of the "little kids game"and so did I until the summer befor 8th Grade where I picked up a pack of Black and White for nostalgic reasons. I pulled a RH Reshiram and a holo Klink-Klang intrigued by the cards I looked up how to play the game. Back when I was little my friend's and I made up our own rules so it wasn't really proper. When introduced to this wonderful game I invested months and hours of each day into understanding the meta watching the Top Cut and reading http://google.com/. Finally in August I convinced my mom to take me to an Emerging Powers Pre-release. I pulled a Catcher a Tornadus and a Thundurus and won all my games it was probably one of the best days of my life. After months of slowly building my deck I showed up to cities with a terrible Donphan and Dragons list. Here is how my first 6 Tournaments went they all had 5 rounds top 4 cut. #1 3-1 lost last game #2 3-1 Lost last game #3 2-3 #43-1 Lost last game #5 3-2 # 6 3-1 downpaired lost, but made cut at 4th seed. That was the turning point of my career it was that very moment I gained the confidence I needed to succeed. I never cutted a cities again, but I top 16'd provincials and regionals then won 3 BRs to end my first season which I thought was pretty solid. Now all that fun didn't come without any bumps in the road. The kids at my school found out and most of them were making fun of me, but I just laughed it off and eventually everyone was laughing with me not at me. Now I'm in 9th grade still loving the game and having a so far successful season. Pokemon has let me meet one of my best friends and have some of the greatest times of my life. Even though it has been embarrassing and expensive without Pokemon I'd be a completely different person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back