How do I start EV Training my Deino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPenguin

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everybody! :D I'm new to the forums, and new to EV training, but have decided to give it a go and build a competitive team. I've read a bit on the internet and understand the basics of how to EV train my Deino in SpAttack, but am unsure on how to start from Lvl1 (having bred one to have Dark Pulse). Do I start by levelling it up to 25-35 or so, and then grind on Litwicks, or do I do something different? Any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks! :)

First of all, use vitamins to get your EVs to 100. Then do what you would do to level up a weak Pokemon. Put Deino at the head of your party, switch out to a strong Pokemon, and KO Litwick. This will give unrefined and unsplit EVs to both Pokemon, thereby EV training Deino.

Okay, the first thing I would suggest is to obtain the macho brace (which you obtain by talking to a baseball player on route 16) or the power lens and power anklet (16 bp each on battle subway). The macho brace doubles the EVs that you get and the power items give an extra four EVs in sp attack and speed (respectively). If it is level one, start by either giving it vitamins, raising it on pidove (which grant 1 speed EV for each one defeated), or just raising it in the daycare.make sure that the total EVs you get are 252 in sp attack and speed, as that is as high as they go (the rest can be used for HP). I hope this helped.

hmm this was helpful to me 2 as I am also new to the forums(i joined today) and EV training btw any tips on getting the pwoer items quickly?.

I found a method on 5th G that may help you you put your lv1 in the daycare and then go to nimbasa go into the battle subway and tape your d-pad down/up and voila plug in your ds and wait *gets calulator* roughly 3-4 days IRL without doing anything and you have a lv 100 deino with no evs then you can start ev training cus lv 100's can actully be ev trained to my amazement you wil actully see the stats slowly go up.

A lv. 100 can not be EV trained iirc. It gets the ev's when it lv.'s up. Also, you would want to it at lv. 98 so it could evolve twice, once to the stage one and once to hydregerion

@konter_j8902 thats what I used to think but I now know that what happens is every 4 EV's you get after the battle the stat will go up one but I don't really expect you to believe that as I have no reliable sources because I only saw my friend do it so yea whever or not you want to try it is up to you but its probably more fun to have 1 awesome level up.

Well, That is true^ Check serebii, there are lots of guides to ev training on the web. Also, don't leave your pokes in the daycare... Money? :L

Yeah, it's a new feature in B/W. I guess they didn't want people going, "Look my pokemon just got +33 attack on leveling up!" "Well mine just got +40 defense!" And the money isn't that much considering you just got a pokemon to level 100 without having to do anything at all...

Hey everyone, I'm also new to the forums.
I've been trying to EV train my party.
I have:
Metagross LV. 61
Dragonite LV. 61
Zekrom LV. 62
Victini LV. 63
Emboar LV. 64
Kyurem LV. 75

How do I know which stats to EV train for each of my Pokemon?
I know it's effective only train 2 stats to 252, but I'm not sure which 2.
Help?

There are other things that can be done besides a double-252. If you want ideas for sets, you can browse Smogon; they have several ideas for sets you can try.

Additionally if you have any other questions like that you can ask them here. This thread's been dead for a while, and the Questions thread is a better place to ask.

also, welcome to the 'Beach

konter_j8902 said:
A lv. 100 can not be EV trained iirc. It gets the ev's when it lv.'s up. Also, you would want to it at lv. 98 so it could evolve twice, once to the stage one and once to hydregerion

Jussayin, you can EV train at level 100 now.

/late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back