How did you find PokeBeach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On google i was searching scans for legend maker and sandstorm!
For LM i see scans on this site, but for SS i have to look at serebii!
Why Pokebeach has no SS, DR, RS scans?

This doesn't look relevant to the topic at first, but it gets there eventually...

I discovered this site after many years of events happening. I was interested in the TCG when it came out. My interest grew deeper when I pulled a strange card from a Jungle booster... a Pikachu Promo 1st edition. My mom discovered the website known as Toasterleavens / Pokémon Aaah! and contacted its webmaster, Nick15, regarding the Pikachu Promo.

I was astonished to find out that it was very rare and worth a lot of money. After Nick15 posted translations of other promo cards, I decided that I was interested in collecting promo cards. One of the movie promos had an advertisement for the Pokémon League, with an offer for a Mew promo. Thus, I became a League member, during the release of Fossil, and continue to play with old-school players today.

In the mean time, I liked the content that Pokémon Aaah! had. It had set spoilers and blanks for making fake cards. It soon became a popular site that I looked at everyday. But one day, it disappeared from the web...

When fakecard.com disappeared from the web, Nick15 mentioned that his fake card stuff and information would end up at Pokémon Labs. Needing a replacement site for what I had once visited for the longest time, I went to Pokémon Labs for set spoilers. At the same time, on the PokéGym, I discovered there was a site had card scans and spoilers early.

That site was PokeBeach.

After PokéBeach continued to get scans and set spoilers early, I decided that it would be a good site to bookmark. In the mean time, Pokémon Labs suddenly dropped all of its content and became dedicated to Team LA. I was quite disappointed, as I hoped that Pokémon Labs would become more popular, similar to what Pokémon Aaah! had become. When PokéBeach became larger and gained not only the fake card materials that Pokémon Labs had, but also the pictures that Meowth346 had, I decided that this would be a site that I would visit everyday for news.

As I had predicted, this site became the replacement for what Pokémon Aaah! had started- information on the trading card game. The Modified Card Dex sets this site apart from all other sites, along with the early information regarding new sets.

RE:  How did you find PokeBeach?

Abhorsen said:
I cant remember exactly since it was ages ago but I was searching through google looking for the newest scans/spoilers for some new set which hadnt been released yet and found all the juicy stuff inside Pokebeach :D

Just like me.

i asked chris fulop (yes he goes to my league) how he knew what was in LM and he said poke beach.

I found it through google images, there was one of your scans and i saw your mark so i tried it.

A friend recommended me to see future cards spoilers or scans on poke' beach. So I visited this website. After looking at the spoilers, I totally forgot the site name and keep going to 'Pokemonbeach.com' instead of 'pokebeach.com'. After a while, my other friend recommended me to join the forums, and so I did and here I am.

Yeah I wanted to check out exact card lists so my league leader suggested it. By the way i've got a question what do they mean by thread?

I was linked here from Pojo's. People were asking for card lists, and Pokebeach was always one of their answers. I looked around for a while and just recently decided to check out the forums lol.

I think I found it through google and found the site useful for pokemon news, so after visiting for I while I decided to join.

WPM: I found this site when I was surfing the net one day...(for good pics to use....not for my web-site...which I don't have one anyway's) &
Abhorsen told me about this site as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back