Hoopa V from “Crown Zenith” Galarian Gallery Revealed!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has revealed the English version of Hoopa V from Crown Zenith‘s Galarian Gallery!

GG-Hoopa-V-143x200.png

#GG53 Hoopa V

Here are all of the revealed English cards so far:

Kyogre-V-144x200.jpg

#37 Kyogre V

SWSH125_EN_46-144x200.png

#46 Rotom VSTAR

SWSH125_EN_51-144x200.png

#51 Radiant Charjabug

G-Meowth-143x200.png

#84 Galarian Meowth

20221221_130657-143x200.jpg

#120 Greedent V

Lapras-Crown-Zenith-1-143x200.png

#GG05 Lapras...

Continue reading...

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect a S&V full set reveal? Or any new cards at all, I'm seriously thirsty for more S&V cards :p

I am honestly surprised at this point that we don't have a near set reveal of CZ, it's getting closer and closer to release.

180+ cards per set and yet we only ever have 1 or 2 top tier decks and hundreds of unusable cards that look very pretty.
Imagine if this game was run by smart folk who wanted to create a good game...rather than selfesh idiots who mostly care about money. Also, nobody is allowed to defend them after that Charizard box. Don't even try, they've put all their cards on the table and they all have "Give us your money" written on them.

180+ cards per set and yet we only ever have 1 or 2 top tier decks and hundreds of unusable cards that look very pretty.
Lol!! Some people just collect the cards or use them for investment purposes, not every Pokémon fan plays competitively or casually.

Imagine if this game was run by smart folk who wanted to create a good game...rather than selfesh idiots who mostly care about money. Also, nobody is allowed to defend them after that Charizard box. Don't even try, they've put all their cards on the table and they all have "Give us your money" written on them.
Every business needs to make profit. Otherwise, they couldn't stay in business. But nobody is forcing you to buy Pokémon cards.

The end result is that competitive pokemon is fairly accessible with a lot of solid decks costing no more than $50; endless reprints for good decks are also common now. While decks like Lugia are slightly overtuned, they need to sell new sets somehow, and nothing stops you from doing well at locals or with friends using whatever isn't BDIF.

To be fair the last few months were one of the few times the TCG metagame was the most diverse, at least before Lugia came out. At least 4-5 decks with multiple variants were contending for the top spot/BDIF, and even more fringe archetypes that reach regionals top 8s. Alas, Lugia/Archeops came out, but it was fun while it lasted.

edit:
It's also just the nature of trading card games in general. Some (most) cards needs to be bad in order to show how and why that some cards are good. It's just more prevalent in Pokemon because of how its basic-evolution mechanic works.

In most games, the worst cards are still doing something to the board state immediately, maybe destroying a creature, drawing you cards, etc. In Pokemon, they just sit on the board and does absolutely nothing unless they have an ability or until you put energy cards on them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is the nature of tcgs and even games in general, at the highest level people will always find the smallest of advantages and go with that because they want to win (Although, I think it's fair to say that single prize pokemon have been generally pretty underpowered during the last few years)

To make every card equally playable, you'd have to make them all really similar, and that would just make the game really boring.

Lol!! Some people just collect the cards or use them for investment purposes, not every Pokémon fan plays competitively or casually.

Every business needs to make profit. Otherwise, they couldn't stay in business. But nobody is forcing you to buy Pokémon cards.
if i had 15 bucks for every time someone's used this blatantly lazy "argument" in defense of peepee-poopoo companies like TPCI or Tencent, I'd probably have a couple hundred dollars.

if i had 15 bucks for every time someone's used this blatantly lazy "argument" in defense of peepee-poopoo companies like TPCI or Tencent, I'd probably have a couple hundred dollars.

Shady practices are one thing, but it's not exactly a lazy defense, they are a business, the goal of which is to have as much profit as possible.

you are free to join the dozens of failed attempts at making a balanced card game that doesn't become stale. Best of luck

Back