'Hoopa and the Clash of Ages' English Trailer! [4/13]

I'm pretty sure the person who's doing the voice acting for Hoopa is the same person who did Zero Jr. in Zero Escape: VLR. Cool

It sounds like they're trying to make Hoopa sound like a circus announcer or something. "Introducing our next act! A lion jumping through a hoop!" That way of speaking.

Lugia is there but not Ho-oh? Now when I'm thinking about it.. did they ever include Ho-oh in a Pokemon movie?

Are the movies intended to make zero sense from the trailer? Holy doodoo, Batman, that was weird. And the mouth-sync was far worse. How come they can sync it well in the 90s (I noticed this on my recent rewatch) but in this ~*~*~*~**~~~*~global technological age*~*~*~*~**~*~*~ that's still the one thing that can't be managed? Hurghhhhhh... *x_x*

Also, this movie could've easily been called "The Genie of Ages", because djinn are genies when pronounced in western countries.

JUST AGH I HAVE GRUMPIES ALL OVER WITH THIS MOVIE WHYYYYYYY

Water Pokémon Master said:
It sounds like they're trying to make Hoopa sound like a circus announcer or something. "Introducing our next act! A lion jumping through a hoop!" That way of speaking.
While I agree with that, it just doesn't sound like the voice actor is making any sort of effort to be enthusiastic, or even show any emotion, like when he summoned the other legendaries.

Hoopa's voice.
I mean, Diance's was okay... But Hoopa.
Stahp.

Also, Arceus? Honestly.
I think Hoopa's gonna be brought to justice.

don()shinobi said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
While I agree with that, it just doesn't sound like the voice actor is making any sort of effort to be enthusiastic, or even show any emotion, like when he summoned the other legendaries.

I didn't say I liked the voice, I was just explaining what I think they're doing. :p

Remember that the actual movie hasn't been completed yet, so the casting decisions for the English version may not be solidified yet. This might have been a rush job - "we need to get this trailer done, who's available?" If I'm recalling correctly, in the Diancie trailer, all of the movie character's voices changed except for Carbink's (which would only be voiced by an old guy, of which there aren't many around).

scuba steveE said:
I'm pretty sure the person who's doing the voice acting for Hoopa is the same person who did Zero Jr. in Zero Escape: VLR.

If so, that explains why it's one of the worst voices I've ever heard in anything related to Pokemon.

dmaster out.

A few months ago I sent a Tweet to Tom Wayland, the voice director of the English dub, asking if he might know why they replaced the music in the Diancie movie. I didn't receive a reply, and noticed over the next few days that he didn't send out a single Tweet despite sending out Tweets almost daily. Checked a month later and still, no response, no Tweets. I thought I scared him away from Twitter or something.

I just Googled him and it turns out the day after I sent my Tweet, he was publicly accused of raping a woman at a convention (https://www.facebook.com/hentai.pirate/posts/10153599716595744). That's probably why he stopped using his Twitter account despite using it almost every single day before then. The victim says there's an ongoing investigation and that she's lawyered up, so it looks like he's is in very serious trouble. One can assume he's probably focusing on that now, or at the very least distracted by it. Or maybe he's been replaced. Who knows if that's why this trailer turned out so odd.

If it turns out the accusations are correct, you have to wonder if it's going to jeopardize his job (since, you know, Pokemon is a kid-friendly company and that doesn't quite fit their image). I think he's just one of the people who works at DuArt (the dubbing company TPCi has partnered with), so they may be able to replace him if he goes to jail (since rapes usually result in jail time). DuArt may have to prepare a Plan B with another voice director now... or something. Who knows.

To be honest the only reason I give this movie a second thought is because of the awesome battle scenes of the Legendary Pokemon battling to the death.

scattered mind said:
Lugia is there but not Ho-oh? Now when I'm thinking about it.. did they ever include Ho-oh in a Pokemon movie?

No major appearance for Ho-oh in movies, just cameos at the intros or end If I remember correctly. Ho-oh must be the most legendary of legendary pokemon. Lugia should have stayed at that level as well. If you are to consider all legendary pokemon duos, trios, these are these should have been the most powerful duo.

The way Palkia just pushes over or spears Lugia in the trailer make it seem like Lugia is such a minor legendary pokemon interms of legendary status.

I hope the same doesn't happen to Regigigas one of my other favourite legendary pokemon who is set to be in this movie according to the updated bulbapedia page for the movie.

It seems all of a sudden all these legendary pokemon are powerless to stop the battle they find themselves in. Hoopa is just a rubbish legendary pokemon, they have to get the hype factor going so have included many other legendary pokemon in this movie to showcase this hype. Vocanion seems like a better legendary compared to it.

Ho-Oh was in the Lucario movie, but it was really just Mew. Ho-Oh is reserved to show how special Ash is.

HA559 said:
scattered mind said:

No major appearance for Ho-oh in movies, just cameos at the intros or end If I remember correctly. Ho-oh must be the most legendary of legendary pokemon. Lugia should have stayed at that level as well. If you are to consider all legendary pokemon duos, trios, these are these should have been the most powerful duo.

The way Palkia just pushes over or spears Lugia in the trailer make it seem like Lugia is such a minor legendary pokemon interms of legendary status.

I hope the same doesn't happen to Regigigas one of my other favourite legendary pokemon who is set to be in this movie according to the updated bulbapedia page for the movie.

It seems all of a sudden all these legendary pokemon are powerless to stop the battle they find themselves in. Hoopa is just a rubbish legendary pokemon, they have to get the hype factor going so have included many other legendary pokemon in this movie to showcase this hype. Vocanion seems like a better legendary compared to it.

My question is... Are Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres no longer Legendary Pokemon? Did anyone catch them in the trailer? Anyone? Bueller?

Someone pointed out that Hoopa sounds like Angela Anaconda. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUlMvKG-cIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTxlKvQFU8

Legendaries can communicate with people by telepathy but turn idiots when seeing other Legendary.
Lugia: Duh!
Dialga: Duh? DUH!! Dialga smashes!

Hoopa's teeth change tell us that Stolen is coming to all of them!

HA559 said:
scattered mind said:

In my case I would even prefer if Ho-oh didn't showed up because I agree about even perhaps the mighty creator deity of the UNIVERSE being controlled or manipulated by some flea with a voice that's like he had something grabbed very hard.
Ash and the movies end up ruining the legendaries status quo by making most of them befriending the same idiotic and imature child, with Ash always throwing himself between clashes like he has a wish to die.

PS: who want to bet that Mega Alakazam and M. Medicham are going to appear?

I just wanna see legendaries fight. The rest of the movie can go away.

EDIT: Also slightly disappointed that neither Reshiram nor Zekrom showed up. I'm sure everyone else is kind of sick of them but they're some of my favorites. I'll gladly take Kyurem, though. Kyurem is awesome.

Back