'Hoopa and the Clash of Ages' English Trailer! [4/13]

Water Pokémon Master said:
A few months ago I sent a Tweet to Tom Wayland, the voice director of the English dub, asking if he might know why they replaced the music in the Diancie movie. I didn't receive a reply, and noticed over the next few days that he didn't send out a single Tweet despite sending out Tweets almost daily. Checked a month later and still, no response, no Tweets. I thought I scared him away from Twitter or something.

I just Googled him and it turns out the day after I sent my Tweet, he was publicly accused of raping a woman at a convention (https://www.facebook.com/hentai.pirate/posts/10153599716595744). That's probably why he stopped using his Twitter account despite using it almost every single day before then. The victim says there's an ongoing investigation and that she's lawyered up, so it looks like he's is in very serious trouble. One can assume he's probably focusing on that now, or at the very least distracted by it. Or maybe he's been replaced. Who knows if that's why this trailer turned out so odd.

If it turns out the accusations are correct, you have to wonder if it's going to jeopardize his job (since, you know, Pokemon is a kid-friendly company and that doesn't quite fit their image). I think he's just one of the people who works at DuArt (the dubbing company TPCi has partnered with), so they may be able to replace him if he goes to jail (since rapes usually result in jail time). DuArt may have to prepare a Plan B with another voice director now... or something. Who knows.
It's funny because I distinctly remember his last tweet taking place around the time I got banned so when I read this on another website and saw a link to this thread, I had to throw in my two cents.

It's really hard for me to believe that Tom would do this at a convention of all places, not to mention he's a father. I'm not saying that rules him out completely but it's very hard for me to believe. I hope this turns out to be a false claim and doesn't cause him to lose his job. He's done a very good job with the series so far so it would be awful to see him fired.

Yeah, you were involved with my Tweet to him. XD I thought the trouble you started might have scared him away, but it turns out it was probably because of the accusation.

I think his son voiced the little boy in the Genesect movie, the one with the Eevee. If what he did is true, it not only messed up this woman's life, but it's going to mess up his family's lives as well. You have to wonder if he's done this other women too. :/

We'll see what happens. Personally I don't think he's done a very good job directing the actors. I've seen some videos on YouTube of him explaining how he directs them, or even trying to direct audience members, and it's quite obvious he has no real training. I think a film student would be able to do a better job than him. (One of the most basic ways to direct actors is to use action verbs, for example, and he doesn't even do that.)

Personally I wish TPCi would put more effort into the dub and hire better people, but they probably know they can get away with doing the bare minimum because of the target audience. It sucks though because 4Kids made the show much more enjoyable to all ages with their scripts, whereas TPCi's dub is purely targeted toward little kids and has no personality or whit whatsoever.

*raises eyebrow* Okay...what's the point of this movie? I mean, it's all like, "Hey, it's Dialga. I should go pummel her face into the ground, because I have nothing better to do today."
Why?

Back