Holo vs Reverse Holo

Hyunbin

~오. 아. 오~
So.. I have (kinda) decided to collect Call of Legends since most of the set is comprised of cards that are basically English exclusive (meaning the artwork).
I've decided to make it special and collect only the reverse holos.. but now I have a question for you guys.

As collectors, in referring to the Rare Holo cards in ANY set, out of the original and reverse holo, which would you personally collect over the other?

I don't like the reverse cards because they are easy to scratch, thus lowering their value. However if you only collect mint RH, they are worth more, and are more impressive.

Personally, I think Holos are more aesthetic than reverse holos.
The holos have like "sparkles" in it (circle and spiral patterns).
And the reverse holos of them get rid of it completely and.. get holo everywhere else.
This, I find, is not as pretty at all.
I just wish instead of being RH's being literal.. the RH holo cards could be completely holo.
Any thoughts?

^I am not a collector but here's my opinion.
I think that it all depends on the type of card (ex: {l} looks great in RH but {d} looks bad in RH because you don't really notice it) and the artwork (ex: Jumpluff HGSS) so I think that you should base you decision on those 2 things.

i collect both but honestly i still thing RH cards reduce my odds at getting a secret rare or something as rare in a pack + i think RH's are a waste of paper and need to stop being made

^(speaking sarcasticly, and like a baby) But they pretty and shiny and prettyyy.
OT: Ya I sorta agree, but it gives us competitive players something to make their decks exciting

I agree with amisheskimoninja & The-Kaiser. I don't like RH. I am happy to see Japan stop making them.

Japan's mirrors holos were far superior though to the US RHs. They are very hard to scratch, they are very hard to bend, they are very hard to do anything but look pretty, haha. I like that the lustre of them isn't as eye-bleeding as the US ones.

I just wish the US ones used higher quality foil. I scratched up a shiny Vulpix by simply easing it into a clear sleeve. A fresh out of the pack one. So I'm not a fan of the US ones because of that.

US pokemon cards are just lacking in quality overall.
japanese cards are almost industructable, but american cards you gotta be super gentle with, otherwise youll chip the backing or scuff up the foil

Mirror cards is just the JP term for theirs, and since they use a different foil (read: more matte, still has a nice lustre to it, but not the bling bling blinding sort of thing that the english ones have) I personally use the term to differentiate them.

It was hard to get a shot that gives the dark type mirror cards any justice. They have this really stunning blue tint in the foil, which you can see by the edges. Click for larger:

Wow those Japanese Cards DO look much nicer than what we get plus nice Nail paint color there ^__^

Back