Holo Tupac...

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSyBDiFHm3w

Old news I know, but it seems like the idea of having dead music artists or even performers be shown via digital hologram is just plain creepy for my tastes. It was bad enough Japan was doing it with the Vocaloids and Hatsune Miku, but this?!?

I fear the future even more now.... -____-

Uh, then don't watch it? Seems pretty simple to me. No one is sitting there and forcing you to watch it.

There is one reason why I'm looking forward to the future.

imgPokémon%20Battle%20Revolution2.jpg

Now, just make Pokemon, find a glitch that makes them real. Life would be perfect. PLEASE.

Future -> More Time -> Artists draw more good Eeveelution pictures.

I don't see a problem with the future. :3

Future > More time > people take other peoples artwork in photoshop and call it all their work (not implying anything, chill out)

Freakin' future

PokeMedic said:
Future > More time > people take other peoples artwork in photoshop and call it all their work (not implying anything, chill out)

Freakin' future
Why you gotta be such a downer, Medic?

I thought that the performance was amazing. The future developments in this technology is something I am really looking forward to. This may be because most of my favorite musicians are dead, but whatever. People just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. Don't focus on how terribly futuristic it is. I really don't see what the downside is here. It's Tupac. Who doesn't want more Tupac?

I'm liking it. I guess I thought it was cool with Vocaloid in the first place. The holograms allow the otherwise impossible, as does most other technology. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's wrong, it's just frowned upon like some people. And its not like concerts with real people won't be made anymore. Record players are still made and sell well, SOLELY for the purpose of being retro.

It was pretty cool...I'll be curious to see where this technology leads. Even more interesting will be the continued reactions as hologram technology develops. Seems kind of polarizing right now.

PMJ said:
Uh, then don't watch it? Seems pretty simple to me. No one is sitting there and forcing you to watch it.

Oh, the typical youtube response.... You know that to form an opinion of this kind of thing, you would have to watch the video...

i think it's pretty cool having holograms of dead artist, just imagine seeing The Beatles, or Nirvana in concert with John Lennon, George Harrison, and Kurt Cobain as holograms, i think it would be pretty cool :D

The first time I saw holograms was on CNN during the 2008 election. After that I stopped watching news on television.

Very nice to see people still appreciate 2pac instead of whack rappers such as Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Tyga, and multiple other disgraces to the world of rap. 2pac was more than just a musician. He was an actor, author, poetry writer, and humanitarian. Great performance of Hail Mary and 2 of amerikaz most wanted.

I should probably know better than to mention the dreaded six letter Y word on a Pokemon forum...but isn't this just taking Yu-Gi-Oh! and swapping tiny fluffy monsters for rap artists?

I think if it was done well it'd be worth keeping an open mind about it. Don't knock it 'till you try it and all that.

Sol said:
I should probably know better than to mention the dreaded six letter Y word on a Pokemon forum...but isn't this just taking Yu-Gi-Oh! and swapping tiny fluffy monsters for rap artists?

Konami called, the tiny fluffy monsters would like a word with you.

... how is this bad? It's amazing that we've pioneered this technology. Who knows where else this could be applied outside of entertainment?

CSJ, what exactly is the problem you see with this? They're just holograms. It's not like the can touch you or hurt you. I know there are people out there who would kill to see MJ or Kurt Kobain perform. No negative can come from this.

Yeah I get what you're saying but while I like certain aspects of how technology has evolved over the years there are some cirumstances to where we as a species have gone somewhat too far and we are already crossing that gap as we speak. We are nowhere near SkyNet or James Cameron's vision of the Terminator series or Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey of science fiction. People don't understand that certain aspects of science fiction should never become science fact.

Why can't we just accept certain things for the way they are instead of using technology as a scapegoat to try to solve those problems when it at times doesn't solve the problem at all? Tupac's been dead for like 15 years and I understand why they'd want to bring him back but still I'd prefer an actual person performing on stage instead of a hologram of themselves. It takes away the experience of being there in a sense.

Card Slinger J said:
People don't understand that certain aspects of science fiction should never become science fact.
I don't understand your line of reasoning. You cite Terminator and 2001: ASO like we're trying make the future be like those scenarios. That's not even close to the case. Technology's effects are dependent on both the innovator and the user, which means you shouldn't question technology; just the people using them

Technology is not a scapegoat for anything. I don't even know the purpose of you calling it a scapegoat (are we blaming it for something or what?). Though it's understandable you aren't for holograms (nor am I, so that makes two of us), when there's a market for it, commercialized companies will work on it for their target audience, who don't think that using a hologram "takes away the experience of being there in a sense."

Back