Holiday Banner Contest!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
holidaybanner.png

It's beginning to look a lot like...the holiday season! PokéBeach is holding yet another art contest in which members can create a banner for the forums! This time, the banner should be holiday-themed. The winner will receive a special forum prize to be announced when the banner goes up.

Artwork
1. The piece must be both Pokémon and holiday-themed.
2. The final submission must be 1280x200 pixels.
3. It must have a background (feel free to use photos like we do!).
4. Leave space on the left for the PokéBeach logo and do not put anything on the very bottom that would be covered-up by the forum links.
5. Feel free to use stock images (such as Ken Sugimori or game artwork), but realize original artwork will be most likely to win.
6. For an example of the quality of work we're looking for, please see [member]EricDLee[/member]'s winning Halloween banner.

Contest
1. The best entry, as determined by a vote among the mods, will be used as the forum's banner from December 18th through early January.
2. Every submission will be displayed here and on the front page as long as considerable effort is put into the piece.
3. Stealing original artwork from any person on or outside the forum - plagiarism - will result in a ban.

Submissions
1. All entries are due by December 20th at midnight, PST. Please PM your submissions to [smod]CMP[/smod] with a link to the artwork. Do not compress it - save it as a PNG.
2. If you use Photoshop and have multiple layers, please submit your PSD instead.
3. If you use Gimp and have multiple layers, please submit your XCF instead.

We look forward to once again seeing the wonderful talent of our members. Questions? Post 'em here!

Happy holidays to all, and to all a good luck!

RE: Christmas Banner Contest!

So, are we supposed to say we're joining here then PM you the entry?

RE: Christmas Banner Contest!

No, you can just PM me the entry.

Truthfully, X-5, however much space you think looks good; there isn't a specific numeric value here. Try emulating the current banner and putting as little as possible on the left side.

I guess I'll follow the current one then.. In case anyone is wondering, the current one is 330x120px..

I might have time to enter this one, too. But we'll see.

CMP, is there any news on what the forum prize might be? Like, does it benefit me to get it twice? :)

I'd like to see more participation, guys. Let's make the forums a little more festive!

I only notice this now? Jeez.
I have about 5 hours...probably won't get it done...

Well if you have an idea of how long it will take you, let me know. We'd like to get the banner up ASAP, but we'd like more entries. =)

I would try, but I'd fail. Or do well, but get beaten by a really good artistic member like Xous. That's the tough thing about these contests...

Well you never know until you try, EonEye! We'd all love to see what you can do. =)

EonEye99 said:
I would try, but I'd fail. Or do well, but get beaten by a really good artistic member like Xous. That's the tough thing about these contests...

"You can't win if you don't play."

And I did not see were Xous said he was entering, or do you know something I do not?

Back