• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ho-oh is back and better than ever

Do you like the Dragons Exalted set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
When I was like 9 my first pokemon deck I ever made had Ho-oh EX from Unseen Forcess, so I Wanted to build another Ho-oh EX deck. Out of all the ex of the new dragon set Ho-oh is my favorite so I wanted to build a Beastly Ho-oh deck so if u guys could help out that would be amazing
Pokemon (6)
4- Ho-oh EX
2- Mewtwo EX
Supporters (11)
4- N
4- Juniper
3- Bianca
Trainers (28)
4- Super Scoop Up
4- Energy Switch
4- Pokemon Catcher
2- Switch
4- Ultra Ball
3- Random Receiver
2- Tool Scrapper
4-Energy Search
1- Super Rod
Energy (15)
1- Grass
1- Water
2- Lightning
1- Fighting
2- Fire
2- Psychic
1- Steel
1- Dark
4- Double Colorless
Stategy- Use Juniper to discard Energy and Ho ohs from ur hand so then u can use the Phoenix Ability to get ur Ho ohs back attacking quickly. Everytime Ho oh gets hurt u can just Max Potion or Super Scoop Up and then use another Ho ohs ability to start attacking again. I added Mewtwo in this deck cuz Ho oh needs A LOT of energy to attack so Mewtwo will destroy it. Energy Switch can also help with hitting for Max Damage

RE: The Phoenix

I'm also looking to build a deck like this and an important flaw I noticed was that u don't use Ultra Ball, at all. Ultra Ball is a great way to dump energy and Ho-oh's at the same time in order to search for even more Ho-oh's, turning this into a cycle. I think you need at least 4 Ultra Ball to increase the odds of dumping Ho-oh and energies T1. Also energy search could help you get energies. So:

- 2 Large Cloak (Ho-oh only gets KOed by empoleon and mewtwo so not much needed in here)
- 3 Communication (4 Ultra balls is more important in my perspective)
- 1 SSU (4 Max Potion and 3 SSU should be enough)

+4 Ultra Ball
+ 2 Energy Search

Hope I helped somehow ^^

Slayer said:
I'm also looking to build a deck like this and an important flaw I noticed was that u don't use Ultra Ball, at all. Ultra Ball is a great way to dump energy and Ho-oh's at the same time in order to search for even more Ho-oh's, turning this into a cycle. I think you need at least 4 Ultra Ball to increase the odds of dumping Ho-oh and energies T1. Also energy search could help you get energies. So:

- 2 Large Cloak (Ho-oh only gets KOed by empoleon and mewtwo so not much needed in here)
- 3 Communication (4 Ultra balls is more important in my perspective)
- 1 SSU (4 Max Potion and 3 SSU should be enough)

+4 Ultra Ball
+ 2 Energy Search

Hope I helped somehow ^^
Thanks I forgot about Ultra Ball that would be perfect and this deck Thanks :)

Please update the title of this thread with the main Pokemon in it. Thanks!

Max out on Switches and Random Receivers, and go to 2 of each energy (including DCE). You should be attacking with Rainbow Burn turn 1.

Nigel said:
Please update the title of this thread with the main Pokemon in it. Thanks!
Alright Ill do that

priestkalim said:
Max out on Switches and Random Receivers, and go to 2 of each energy (including DCE). You should be attacking with Rainbow Burn turn 1.
What should I take out for all that stuff

Don't cut DCE's. If you're worried about Mewtwo getting the revenge KO, you need to be able to hit a DCE. As for the energies, I would add about four. (Definately a {P} since it's the only energy requirement in your deck besides {C}.) Sixteen feels about right for a deck designed to ditch a ton of energies. Perhaps cut 2 Bianca and 2 Crushing Hammers. I'd also find room for Random Recievers so you are more likely to hit the Juniper.

Mora said:
If you're worried about Mewtwo getting the revenge KO, you need to be able to hit a DCE.

You play Ho-oh and 4 Energy Switch. Getting the Mewtwo revenge KO is never an issue.

As for what to cut, Max Potion is incredibly useless to Ho-oh. With SSU you can always dump the Ho-oh and energy again, Max Potion leaves you with an undead Ho-oh on the field doing absolutely nothing.
Crushing Hammer doesn't help you stream Ho-ohs at all, which this deck needs to do.
Energy Search is 4 or 0. I prefer 0. If you want the thinning, go all out with it, but usually you'd rather play more energy so you don't get caught in an awkward energyless deck situation.

Ho-oh is all about energy manipulation; being able to have what you need where you need it every turn. Key Energy Switch timing and Ultra Ball discards are crucial.

What happens when you get a streak of flipping tails trying to get Ho-oh on your bench?

pkolaboy said:
What happens when you get a streak of flipping tails trying to get Ho-oh on your bench?
I lose or else can use Mewtwo

priestkalim said:
Don't cut DCE's. If you're worried about Mewtwo getting the revenge KO, you need to be able to hit a DCE. As for the energies, I would add about four. (Definately a {P} since it's the only energy requirement in your deck besides {C}.) Sixteen feels about right for a deck designed to ditch a ton of energies. Perhaps cut 2 Bianca and 2 Crushing Hammers. I'd also find room for Random Recievers so you are more likely to hit the Juniper.
ok I was considering adding more energy what all energy should I add rather than psychic

priestkalim said:
You play Ho-oh and 4 Energy Switch. Getting the Mewtwo revenge KO is never an issue.

As for what to cut, Max Potion is incredibly useless to Ho-oh. With SSU you can always dump the Ho-oh and energy again, Max Potion leaves you with an undead Ho-oh on the field doing absolutely nothing.
Crushing Hammer doesn't help you stream Ho-ohs at all, which this deck needs to do.
Energy Search is 4 or 0. I prefer 0. If you want the thinning, go all out with it, but usually you'd rather play more energy so you don't get caught in an awkward energyless deck situation.

Ho-oh is all about energy manipulation; being able to have what you need where you need it every turn. Key Energy Switch timing and Ultra Ball discards are crucial.

Ill try 4 Energy Search

priestkalim said:

In the instance the energy is in the discard due to the recent Ho'oh KO, DCE is a SURE way of getting energy onto Mewtwo.

However, if you test it and find DCE's clogg up your hand, then cut it down to two or three.

Dweaver said:
ok I was considering adding more energy what all energy should I add rather than psychic

It shouldn't matter other than {P}. In fact, the {P} really doesn't matter either since odds are slim you'd use Psydrive, but with Energy Switch, you might actually use it. Plus it sends an energy to the discard.

Mora said:
In the instance the energy is in the discard due to the recent Ho'oh KO, DCE is a SURE way of getting energy onto Mewtwo.

However, if you test it and find DCE's clogg up your hand, then cut it down to two or three.

It shouldn't matter other than {P}. In fact, the {P} really doesn't matter either since odds are slim you'd use Psydrive, but with Energy Switch, you might actually use it. Plus it sends an energy to the discard.

Good point I never really thought about using Psydrive but it puts energy in the discard so it might be a good attack in this deck

Dweaver said:
Good point I never really thought about using Psydrive but it puts energy in the discard so it might be a good attack in this deck

Yeah. And it's one of those things where you just might as well.

I think your main attack should be Rainbow Blast thing whatever. If your Mewtwo is active and you have the opportunity to use Psydrive, then do it, but I wouldn't kill yourself Juniper'ing a decent hand just to find the last {P} so you can Psydrive. It's just a plus.

Back