Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hisuian Lilligant VSTAR, Machamp V, and a bunch of other cards have just been revealed from Time Gazer and Space Juggler! The sets will release in Japan on April 8th, and then many of their cards should be included in our Astral Radiance set in May. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Kricketot – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Trip Over: 10+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Kricketune – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Kricketot
Ability: Overflowing Melody
The HP of each [G] Pokemon (excluding any Kricketune) is increased by...

Continue reading...

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
EXCUSE ME? WELDER FOR GRASS? Okay yeah, it draws 1 less card and only attaches to the bench, BUT you don't even have to have energy in hand to play it!.. granted that can result in it being a "Draw 2 cards" supporter if you play it like that and don't draw into grass energy. I REALLY like this though, especially with Rillaboom being slow/clunky, and Cherrim not working on rulebox decks.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I know this Welder is severely nerfed, but a good rule of thumb is to not print Welder is general.

I wouldn't say severely nerfed. Drawing 2 cards is definitely much weaker, but there is merit to drawing then attaching. (Edit: Ah missed that it only attaches to Bench as well. I do agree it is a nerfed version overall and that it should be that way as Welder was a bit stupid). It also really depends on the support around the card too; Fiery Flint was around for a while with Welder to grab the Fire Energies from deck, then we got Giant Hearth. Grass at this stage doesn't have anything like that as of yet, other than the also revealed Hisuian Liligant's VStar power.

Wonder what cards will get a bit of life now? Dhelmise VMax sorta came to light with Arceus, now it looks even better. Both Rillaboom VMaxes maybe? One card I like in particular is the Zarude V from BRS. It's essentially Victini VMax but on a Basic, but it does hit slightly harder which is relevant cause it can get most VStars with a Belt. Problem was the 3 Energy cost, but now that's less of an issue.

On another note, I'm gonna say all Noble Pokemon from Legends Arceus will eventually get VStars.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Kricketot/Kricketune - pointless in some situations. 3/3
H. Lilligant V/VSTAR - We still suck on Energy accel for this thing always, even tho it does enough dmg to KO a V. (I always don't Arceus when it comes to this. Because, it seems always a default option. Man, I'm sick and tired seeing Arceus decks popping all over the place). Good thing this VSTAR Power is an ability. Meaning it can make some powerful combos within s single turn. 3/4
Grant - the second effect doesn't count as a second supporter nuggets. Cool to see some F decks getting some recognition it gets, still suck on Energy accel. Gritty Pickaxe became unreliable in some situations. 4
Gardenia's Vigor - Welder but not Welder. At least we can ditch the Cherrim since it attach to Vs. I wish we can attach the Active Pokemon, too. 4
Kleavor V/VSTAR - Have I discussed this? It's not stunningly good. But it's a cool card nonetheless. 3/3

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
That lilligant V art is extremely disturbing. What the heck are they thinking? It is bad enough that they made numerous eeveelution show their behind and now this? And yet they refuse to print the full art of misty and lorelei? Interesting, very very interesting...

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Lilligant is a neat card but 260 is pretty frail for a VStar. Most things, including itself plus a Choice Belt is an OHKO.

Though if future cards are also getting less HP then I don't mind the change.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
That Machamp artwork is made by kawayoo it's so sick
What is its trailing leg doing? Trying to work out the proportions. Actually even the front leg.

The back leg looks like it cuts off at the thigh, but if not, is it squatting? But the front leg doesn't look like it. Sorry, don't play the game so my only interest is always the art.

At least it's miles better than Kleavor, which might be one of the worst V arts in the era.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't say severely nerfed. Drawing 2 cards is definitely much weaker, but there is merit to drawing then attaching. (Edit: Ah missed that it only attaches to Bench as well. I do agree it is a nerfed version overall and that it should be that way as Welder was a bit stupid). It also really depends on the support around the card too; Fiery Flint was around for a while with Welder to grab the Fire Energies from deck, then we got Giant Hearth. Grass at this stage doesn't have anything like that as of yet, other than the also revealed Hisuian Liligant's VStar power.

Wonder what cards will get a bit of life now? Dhelmise VMax sorta came to light with Arceus, now it looks even better. Both Rillaboom VMaxes maybe? One card I like in particular is the Zarude V from BRS. It's essentially Victini VMax but on a Basic, but it does hit slightly harder which is relevant cause it can get most VStars with a Belt. Problem was the 3 Energy cost, but now that's less of an issue.

On another note, I'm gonna say all Noble Pokemon from Legends Arceus will eventually get VStars.

Can't remember if I was carrying the conversation with you or someone else, but having a repeat of Gardenia (at least Gen 4) and Grant take up another 2 trainer slots, still don't see how they can fit the remainder of PLA and BDSP characters before SV drops.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Kricketune and a Big Charm can make Lilligant reach 330 HP, making that much tougher for Mew VMax to 1HKO it, and thus trading favorably with it. With the VStar power and Lumineon V you can set up your board pretty well, giving you extra HP and the energies needed for Gardenia. You can then maybe add some Crobat V and Bibarel/Cinccino to keep drawing cards. I don't know which stadium I would play with it yet though. Training Court for now I guess.

What's more is that there doesn't seem to be any good fire deck in the foreseeable future.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
name a good grass pokemon
Leafeon VMAX had a decent run before Fusion Strike happened and Decidueye had a second moment of spotlight after Quick Shooting Inteleon was added, but yeah Grass hasn't had a great run in the current Standard format and hasn't been particularly relevant in recent months. Expanded got Tsareena V as a top 5 deck in that meta and the occasional Rowlegg shenanigans, but not everyone plays that format.

Maybe Yaginku meant that they're not happy that it works on all Pokemon like Welder does, as opposed to only working on grass. If that was their sentiment then I agree it should have been exclusive to grass types, but I think it's still fine competition to Melony and Raihan as a general acceleration supporter. Yes it can accelerate more energy at once, but said energy has to come from the hand (where as Melony can recycle the same energy over and over again after using it for Quick/Ultra Ball fodder), and unlike Melony and Raihan it can't attach to the active and switching won't always be convenient (and Mew and Jolteon which have zero retreat won't even use this).

All that said I don't deny that it has the potential to be degenerate, but I still like it.

Last edited:

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Still, do you think Mew will stay that powerful with Darkrai VStar, and to a lesser extent, Hisuian Samurott coming to the meta? I'm just asking, I've not been playing that much lately, but it seems to me everyone is assuming Mew VMax will stay as powerful as it is now when the new set comes out.