'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
This isn't inconsistent. Promos reprint of cards that came out at the same time were also SM promos (like the ultra beat GX boxes or tins)

I wasn't aware that was the case with those, but it's still weird anyway, there's really no reason why they SHOULDN'T be alternate arts. At the very least, it'd give Pokemon some flexibility if they decided they really needed to rotate a certain promo just past the usual cut-off or something.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Sorry new here, what does “legality of the cards won’t reset mean”?

It means that cards in this set aren't legal in the Standard format (unless they were because of their regular release), if they're the (A) alternate arts (not all of them are, see the Jesse and James above for example). Shiny Zoroark GX won't be in Standard, for example, as it rotates out in August.

Zster

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, we are getting another very overpriced charizard card. I am happy as it is my favorite pokemon. What will it be worth?

Aces

Aspiring Trainer
It means that cards in this set aren't legal in the Standard format (unless they were because of their regular release), if they're the (A) alternate arts (not all of them are, see the Jesse and James above for example). Shiny Zoroark GX won't be in Standard, for example, as it rotates out in August.

Thank you!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Also worth noting that the way they organized the set numbers for the SV cards is different from previous A reprints. For old cards, they would simply put "a" after the original collection number. So the Tapu Lele-GX promo was 60a/145. With the SV cards, however, they have a new set number, but keep the original set symbol? Kind of a weird way to go about it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm really happy that despite being alt. Arts the SV cards still have their own subset numbering so they can be put in order as a complete set. I really appreciate that as a collector.

Also I had a feeling the stained glass one would be our promo, glad to see my hopes/predictions were right on that.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I know they won't do it because the two cards are rare tournament prizes in Japan, but I wish they'd give us the new Mewtwo Full Art prints in this set since they're reprints of this particular Mewtwo GX....