'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 30, 2019.

1. RiverShock Aspiring Trainer
    RiverShock

I wasn't aware that was the case with those, but it's still weird anyway, there's really no reason why they SHOULDN'T be alternate arts. At the very least, it'd give Pokemon some flexibility if they decided they really needed to rotate a certain promo just past the usual cut-off or something.

2. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Crisis averted.

3. Aces Aspiring Trainer
    Aces

Sorry new here, what does “legality of the cards won’t reset mean”?

4. CxEriK Aspiring Trainer
    CxEriK

Advanced Member Member

CYNTHIA OMG

TaichoBanana likes this.
  5. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

It means that cards in this set aren't legal in the Standard format (unless they were because of their regular release), if they're the (A) alternate arts (not all of them are, see the Jesse and James above for example). Shiny Zoroark GX won't be in Standard, for example, as it rotates out in August.

6. TaichoBanana Aspiring Trainer
    TaichoBanana

Yay!! Shinies galore, team rocket goodness, and that lovely Cynthia !!! I'm so excited for this set.

7. Zster Aspiring Trainer
    Zster

Wow, we are getting another very overpriced charizard card. I am happy as it is my favorite pokemon. What will it be worth?

8. Aces Aspiring Trainer
    Aces

Thank you!

9. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

LOVE that Arbok and Weezing!

10. Machamp The Champion TCG Articles Head
    Machamp The Champion

Forum Super Mod Articles Head Member

Also worth noting that the way they organized the set numbers for the SV cards is different from previous A reprints. For old cards, they would simply put "a" after the original collection number. So the Tapu Lele-GX promo was 60a/145. With the SV cards, however, they have a new set number, but keep the original set symbol? Kind of a weird way to go about it.

11. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

Well bois looks like I'm going to go broke later this year

TaichoBanana likes this.
  12. Astrid Roll Aspiring Trainer
    Astrid Roll

Does anybody know what the rarity of the SV cards is gonna be?

13. AshCo ZVARRI!
    AshCo

I'm really happy that despite being alt. Arts the SV cards still have their own subset numbering so they can be put in order as a complete set. I really appreciate that as a collector.

Also I had a feeling the stained glass one would be our promo, glad to see my hopes/predictions were right on that.

14. Daniel Balding Aspiring Trainer
    Daniel Balding

How on earth are they numbering these shiny cards?

15. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

It sucks that we're won't be able to use a pretty huge chunk of this set in standard :(

16. DiaborMagics Experienced Fox Trainer
    DiaborMagics

Ninetales :)

I really need to edit my avatar at some point XD

Also, I'm still hoping we'll get a (Kanto) Ninetales GX at some point. Can't have 1, but not the other >.<

17. Ian Hatcher Aspiring Trainer
    Ian Hatcher

Sucks they have taken 2 of the best collectible cards in the set and made them into Promos.

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  18. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Can someone made a partial set list topic for me? I can't think on what cards to fill in with

19. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

20. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

I know they won't do it because the two cards are rare tournament prizes in Japan, but I wish they'd give us the new Mewtwo Full Art prints in this set since they're reprints of this particular Mewtwo GX....

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?