Hgss On MagneBoar counter?

Tyranodon

Aspiring Trainer
Something that doesn't require a plus power would be best I have thought about Donphan but is there anything better? I would like it best if it didn't require more than 7-8 spaces.

It's a difficult one. Fighting types are best, but the only obviously good ones are Machamp and Donphan Prime. Lunatone/Solrock could do ok against it, but there are no clear things to defeat it. Krookodile is OK, but requires preparation to be effective. I will post if I think of something else good.

Running a few Pokemon Reversals and bringing up Tepig/Emboar/whatever stage the line is on can screw up Magneboar for a turn (unless your opponent has a second Tepig in play before-hand, where they could Candy-Emboar).

Guys, what about DCE a Krookodile?
Torment does 60 with weakness, and their Magnezone can't use Lost Burn the next turn. It's genius.

This card is possibly the best tech out there against MagneBoar. Two fighting and any other energy and it can one-shot it, no problem. And, it's first attack isn't that bad, either.

Here are two counters i thought of today it is houndoom prime and umbreon. Hondoom can stop it from useing its poke power because hondooom can burn magnazone. And magnazone cant effect umbreon if umbreon keeps useing moon light fang.

Um, then just use a Benched Magnezone to draw against Houndoom. Against Umbreon, you have Ability Boar/Bad Boar/Reshiram.

Run Samurott Ability and Donphan or Samuphan. Donphan 1HKOs Magnezone or Use Samurott to KO Emboar

Dark Sonic J said:
Run Samurott Ability and Donphan or Samuphan. Donphan 1HKOs Magnezone or Use Samurott to KO Emboar

Try actually reading the OP next time... He specifically said not Donphan.

On topic, the best way to beat Magneboar is to not let them get an Emboar out by using things like Pokemon Reversal to KO Tepig/Pignite.

-sillykyle!

Zoroark could be used to revenge KO RDL(and since its a legend you get those 2 prizes back =D)

I'm actually running a throh as my current counter but with only 3 rainbows in my deck I can only really use it when I top deck a twins. From what it seems I may just add in a 2-2 Donphan 1 more rainbow and one more exchanger. Thanks for your help the reversals I have should come in use.

Drifblim is a good counter aginst magnazone. You could shuffle magnazone and all cards attached to magnazone back in there deck.

He is better than you think at first glance. My only problem with him is set up, but you can RC first turn, and attatch a DCE. First turn and he can already be up and running is pretty consistent.

Yeah that seems like a pretty good counter but it isn't right for my deck which needs to be fast and consistent.

thepliskin5005 said:
Drifblim is a good counter aginst magnazone. You could shuffle magnazone and all cards attached to magnazone back in there deck.

Only to let your opponent bring up another Magnezone. Once one Magnezone comes out, another one can easily come back up. Besides, a good Magneboar player would never dumb all of their Energy on to the Active Magnezone in case a KO happens.

Back