Pokemon Help with Pokémon Nicknames

Tumble Tauros

Aspiring Trainer
I started shiny hunting pokemon a while back and decided to nickname every shiny I catch. I'm not the best at nicknaming however. I need names for...

Voltorb
Corphish
Golem
Pancham
Dunsparce
Doduo
Sharpedo
Poliwag
Nosepass
Probopass
Yanma

RE: Pokemon nickname help? (Multiple pokemon)

Assuming you'll evolve them:
Electrode - Thunderball

Crawduant - LOBSTAR

male Dunsparce - Kamina

male Golem - Smeagol / Dwayne / THE BOULDER / some rock band or musician

Dodrio - Threesome / Flydra

Sharpedo - Shdark

If Poliwrath - Hypnotoad, if Politoed - Kermit / Slippy / some joke like DoIMakeUWet? if Drizzle

Couldn't think of anything good for Probopass or Yanmega

Golem - Boulderdash
Sharpedo - Overbite
Doduo - Doubleheader

Tumble Tauros said:
I started shiny hunting pokemon a while back and decided to nickname every shiny I catch. I'm not the best at nicknaming however. I need names for...

Voltorb - PK Flash - In Smash Bros, Ness's neutral-b, called "PK Flash" is an explosion, which ofc electrode is famous for. In the smash bros series the explosion is also a massive burst of electricity so I feel like that fits pretty well.

Corphish - Red Lobster ...? I don't remember what I named my own Crawdaunt last time I used it in Sapphire but referencing the restaraunt doesn't seem too bad.
Golem - Gorignak - refrence to Galaxy Quest, see here. (although I personally like that nickname for Regirock more :p

Pancham - Po as a reference to Kung Fu Panda, or just Red Panda because shiny pancham is red-ish and red pandas are freaking adorable.

Dunsparce - Jester True Story: I almost used a VGC Team that involved Serene Grace Dunsparce. It was going to be nicknamed "jester." User: [member]shivershaft[/member] was the one who came up with the nickname, I don't really know the significance of it.

Doduo - Twinsies!! or "doubleheader" as suggested before works too.

Sharpedo - Jaws ...should be self-explanatory. Megalodon works too.

Poliwag - HypnoToad - reference to Futurama

Nosepass - ...North Face Pun. North Face = Clothes Shop, and Nosepass's Nose is magnetic so it always is pointing towards magnetic north.

Probopass - Magneto Probopass is also magnetic, and it's an uber defensive pokemon. It has a lot of support options and trickery options in competitive play, like Stealth Rock, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Magic Coat, Taunt, Pain Split, Earth Power, and Explosion, so you can do some nifty things with it in NU. I feel like it takes smarts to play it, and magneto always was more of a "work smarter not harder" guy.

Yanma - Predator just because it looks freaking amazing when it evolves. Y-Wing referencing the star wars ship works well too. (I usually nickname my Crobats "X-Wing")

suggestions in bold n_n

More ideas I've had ...

Any kind of punk/troublemaker name can work for Pancham/Pangoro. I've used Roughneck and Hooligan.

Since, if I remember their Pokedex entries right, Nose- and Probo- Pass always face magnetic north, you could call one Polaris ... or if you're not evolving them, Little and Big Dipper, respectively.

Back