Head Noiser, M Manectric-EX, Chandelure from ‘Phantom Gate’ [8/29]

I would just like to say how happy I am that Tool cards are finally being attached to opponent's Pokemon. Now I'm just counting down the days until they make an official version of this...
ability_block___bw__world_domination_by_jedi201-d6dopck.png

I made that in July 2013 and wow I'm so happy to see a similar mechanic coming in.

Mega Manetric seems to have that perfect balance of power on a M-Pokemon-EX card (in my eyes at least).
And I'm so glad that Chandelure's getting another card! I don't think the new Chandelure is the greatest thing ever, but it does have a neat little Ability. And Chandelure's artwork - the ghost/ectoplasm theme is going to be very cool =D

[Chandelure]
I actually never got to play with Gengar's "Fainting spell", it looks unreliable but fun! I saw someone playing in a tournament chickening out against a Voltorb (XY) the other day, haha. I hope Chandelure has a retreat of 1.

[Head Noise]
GOD, I simply love this card! What it represents and what it does.. I like that TPCi is doing what they are doing with this new set. Not only disrupting, but taking away the Tool space! Without Tool Scraper I wonder how one that gets it off.. Tool Retriever? Into one's hand??
Playing first against Lucario/Landorus Deck and you slow them down the turn they expect to do something. A really appreciated card.

[Mega Manectric-EX]
Finally, M Manectric-EX is the only Mega I've liked so far. Sort of a Virizon-EX / Thundurus-EX ?
Anyway, more energy acceleration!! A lot better than I expected! Thank God it's not a crappy Mega. Killing Yveltals in 1 hit with 2 energies. The HP it's a shame.. and like Chandelure, I hope this guy has 1 retreat. Specially since it is THAT fast in the game.

Now, I believe this one won't have Spirit Link, being just Gengar in the set.

Head Noiser is VERY cool! But somehow I don't see it getting too much play... Maybe there's some card I'm not thinking of that it has synergy with, but all I can think of are Mewtwo and Yveltal-EX, and I feel like Muscle band is better for either of those anyways. Good to see that it only works on EX's, though. I appreciate the balance that provides.

M Manectric-EX is also very interesting. It's built like an accelerator, but it seems just too slow to do the job. Maybe a Soul Link card will make it viable somehow. Or maybe if regular Manectric-EX is any good.

Chandelure is neat, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough to work out. It's too hard to get into play to justify use in hit-and-run decks, but its attack (at least the current translation of it) doesn't seem good enough to make it an attacker. We'll see.

Turning out to be a great set so far! Very excited.

Auride said:
Head Noiser is VERY cool! But somehow I don't see it getting too much play... Maybe there's some card I'm not thinking of that it has synergy with, but all I can think of are Mewtwo and Yveltal-EX, and I feel like Muscle band is better for either of those anyways. Good to see that it only works on EX's, though. I appreciate the balance that provides.

Why would it matter whether Muscle Band is better? You'd be denying your opponent the ability to play Band on them. It attaches to your opponents EXes, not yours. It's a really good disruption card, since there's no easy way to discard your own tools right now(Tool Scraper is gone). It'll synergize really well with things like Yveltal-EX and Mewtwo BECAUSE they can still have a Muscle Band on them. You play Head Noiser on your opponents Pokemon, and then Muscle Band on your own. Guaranteed extra 20 damage if they wish to attack. That's amazing.

@ Auride, this goes into your opponent's Pokes xD

Depending on how the ruling for this thing goes, and how popular it becomes.. everyone will play Masquerain, haha *joking*
There might not be enough room for debate, but we also need the actual translation of Noiser.

Auride said:

^ Er, I'm not sure you read Head Noiser right. You attach it to your opponent's Pokémon and it makes their attacks cost [C] more, not vice versa. Edit: Ninja'd. Twice.

And on that note, WOAH. Forcing your opponent to take another attachment to attack? That's incredibly powerful against anything without acceleration, or against anything in general, really. Imagine needing three energy to Emerald Slash, two energy to Hammerhead, etc.

The other cards are alright but without a Spirit Link card, Manetric will most likely never see play, and Chandelure is a gimmick given it's attack is absolute trash.

Back on the topic of Head Noiser though, how in the world is that going to work with Tool Retriever? Based on the way both cards are worded right now, it would mean that you would put your opponent's card back into your hand. In fact, the wording on Tool Retriever seems oddly intentional since it could have easily have stated that you put the tools back into their owner's hands. Putting an opponent's card into your hand, albeit weird, seems reasonable, but when you shuffle your hand into your deck? Assuming that there's some wording/translation error, but it's interesting nonetheless.

We've edited the Head Noiser translation a few times, so just so everyone's on the same page, here's the most current version:

Head Noiser (Team Flare's Hyper Gear) - Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool F: Attach a Pokemon Tool F to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon-EX that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it. If that Pokemon is Knocked Out, discard this card.

The Pokemon this card is attached to has the cost of its attacks increased by [C].

If this card becomes detached, this card is discarded to the original player's discard pile.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Water Pokémon Master said:
If this card becomes detached, this card is discarded to the original player's discard pile.

Ha! Well, that explains it.. I was thinking about those "Totem" cards in Magic (I know.. hate me) that gets passed around between players.
So, we now "have" to play Megaphone AND Tool Retriever? Gosh, a reprint of Tool Scrapper better be coming.

This "Head Noiser" could go as a somewhat ok replacement to dark patch. Also I can't wait to see what the reverse version of it will look like!

Carpey said:
This "Head Noiser" could go as a somewhat ok replacement to dark patch. Also I can't wait to see what the reverse version of it will look like!

Somewhat okay? It's not doing anything Dark Patch did. It's not reattaching energy. It's disrupting the opponent's tool play.

It's also a tool, instead of an item. Dark Patch merely was energy acceleration, this is a whole new ballpark.

thekoggles said:
Carpey said:

Somewhat okay? It's not doing anything Dark Patch did. It's not reattaching energy. It's disrupting the opponent's tool play.

It's also a tool, instead of an item. Dark Patch merely was energy acceleration, this is a whole new ballpark.
I meant like you get a free attachment if your opponent decides to attack with something that has the tool, because they must put another energy on. Maybe it made more sense in my head.

Carpey said:
thekoggles said:

I meant like you get a free attachment if your opponent decides to attack with something that has the tool, because they must put another energy on. Maybe it made more sense in my head.

But you still have to get the energy to attack, too, which is what made Dark Patch so good with Darkrai and Yveltal.

Head Noiser seems to be an awesome card. Can see this one combined with Seismitoad to disable the opponent even more. M Manectric Ex seems decent and can even be good in case there is a Spirit Link card for it.

Just when Lucario reared his head to tromp the meta, out comes Phantom Gate with Energy disruption, and Gengar the mega.

I'll call this card the noisy nat, reason being it will be very bothersome. Let the trolling commence.

For my head noiser is the beginning of the end of Pokemon TCG, i hope they dont make more cards like that, that style of interaction with the rival is horrendus and thats why i stopped playing magic and why im trying to leave yugioh

So far Megas have had attack costs similar to those of their previous EX forms! Regular Manectric EX could potentially have quick and cheap attacks!

M. Manectric EX is really cool, at least I think. Some of that will of course depend on Manectric EX itself and if they make a spirit link card for it.

Chandelure is kind of neat but seems unreliable.

Head Noiser...sigh. In some ways I think this is a waste actually. You're devoting at least one card slot that does little for you aside from hindering your opponent. I always thought these resources were better off devoted to help your Pokemon. Of course there might be more coming out that could force a discard of the tool, maybe with the addition of gaining another tool.

Back