Hacking Reveals Diancie Mystery Gift Event + Diamond Storm [2/26]

I was hoping it would have something to do with the glittering cave or whatever it was. Ah well, not that big of a deal. Diamond storm looks cool.

Just a bit of forced NPC chat in the pokecenter?

..I don't know what I expected lol

I think most people expected something cool to happen in Glittering Cave or Anistar City, but it seems like they were so busy adapting the franchise to the 3DS that they just didn't have enough time to do more creative things (or just wanted to simplify things this generation). Gen IV is still my favorite when it comes to Legendary Pokemon and their myths because so much thought was put into them.

There's always Z.

Yes, that may be the case. Everything I've seen from Gamefreak and how they do things tells me that it took them a very long time and a lot of effort to figure out how to move the franchise to 3D (both internally at their company and in the games themselves). Imagine how much effort it took just to make those 3D models - it's no wonder this gen had the least amount of new Pokemon. Not to mention coordinating a worldwide release and getting all the translators from all the countries on board (I think that was handled by Nintendo, but still, their company undoubtedly went through a lot of changes in this transition). So I think they just barelyyy got on their feet with XY. Now that the template is done (the boilerplate), they should be able to work on story and other improvements next.

I don't see why they didn't just release the games a bit later in that case. Well, I'm not upset about it, since we got to play it sooner! I'm looking forward to the next games already. :p

Diancie looks pretty nice! A regular Pokémon turning into a Legendary Pokémon reminds me of the Johto Trio. Would the same be the case for Volcanion and Hoopa? I'm looking forward to finding out what Hoopa's story is.

See 5th paragraph from last (and the rest following that) for my opinion on why the game came out when it did :p:
https://pokebeach.com/2012/11/6th-generation-hints-coming-in-december-question

I was about to ask how I missed that post, but it's from before I joined the site. :p

That story definitely makes sense; I can understand why GF did it the way they did if this was their reasoning. Generation 6, with all its new features was definitely the game to impress players with (to add the "wow" factor you mentioned).

Oh come on! I'm so sick of these stupid Mystery Gifts that just give the Pokemon to you. I much prefer the old method of getting an item that unlocks the Pokemon's location or makes it appear. Pre 5th gen did this well. I guess after gen 5 gave away all of its hidden legendaries for free, I shouldn't expect anything different with gen 6...

Meh, they ruined it with hacking :(

And tbh - I'm kinda dissapointed with this! So, we got a Diancie like a Pokemon? I thought that we will recieve a Couriway ticket (I saw somewhere that train departs from Couriway town and you go to some area where you catch Diancie).

Gee, dissapointing :/

And its not like they haven't done such things since gen 4 either o:

Remember the Nature preserve area or whatever it was called in BW2?

That was such a nice touch, and it was for a shiny Haxorus as a dex reward.

Event legends should be above that IMO.

Mitja said:
And its not like they haven't done such things since gen 4 either o:

Yeah, they did, but it's bad that it repeats in every generation that comes. It's really bad... If it weren't for hacking, we wouldn't know about Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion, and the revelation of those three would've been awesome, everyone would be hyped and everything... Now that we know about them, well... Not so much, if you ask me :/

Diancie..Is beautiful in Shiny and normal. There`s a 'wonder card' for, so, I guess no Couriway track, or other thing.
You can get it from Lv.15 and from Lv.1 for so far I noticed.

Back