'GX Ultra Shiny' Pack Featuring Shiny Pokemon, Worldwide Card Legality After All?!

thewileycoyote

Aspiring Trainer
What’s with the shortages? So glad I preordered 3 of these at a normal price...

Seems like they were trying to make product a bit harder to get then a famous Japanese Youtuber said he liked Pokemon then the whole thing exploded again, like when Pokemon Go came out.

To give you an idea how bad it is, a few weeks, maybe a month ago now, Mega Tokyo Pokemon Center was completely out of packs for at least part of a day.

Check this out. What is available online now from Japanese Pokemon Center, think this brings the point home more than anything. No SM era boxes or packs in stock. The next set pre-orders at 1 per customer sold out within a day as well. But they will have more listed at release.

https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?main_page=product_list&cat1=card

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • DuskLyc GX - This card is so good. The main atk is standard, KOs Zoroark and all of that. 4 Geodudes
  • Wonder Labyrinth - This card is designed for Sylveon. 4 Geodudes

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if TPCi is rejecting the prospect of even trying to integrate Super Secret Rares into their card packing systems in a way that is unintentionally encouraging players to go to Expanded, Laserbank and all, where their favorite GX is guaranteed to stay in format until it and if it is banned, even if the issue is unrelated to anything not to do with the rarity? Despite their perceived refusal to reprint anything within the S&M block other than set mascots and some Trainers on a season when they are about to make their last gasp in Standard without the opportunity for one last chance in the projected final set of the Tag Team TCG block expected to hit on November 2019, the same month the next generation is expected to hit on the VG end, even if such refusal means not even trying a new challenge in terms of "what category of rarity are they?", even if I believe that Super Secret rares would be cool to have in English at some point this year, because of their rarity and rainbow rares combined with a clear image, not just an image obscured by a rainbow hue meshed into their image?

^ If that action holds firm, then I doubt that any of the good pokemon-GX will make it to the last season of the SUM group(Sun & Moon-Crimson Invasion, Ultra Prism-Lost Thunder, and SM9-SM12), even if the issue here is not the name, but the different looks of card type, and not the art appropriate within said card type, not to mention that I bet fans will be disappointed if they find those shinies to only be made as Japanese-exclusive cards for the purpose of catering to Pokemon's home base with no plans to localize said cards for release outside Japan, even if such cards utilizes a new type of rarity that would spook non-Japanese pokemon fans thanks to TPCi choosing not to even bother trying to manufacture cards of a higher rarity than the rarities they already use currently vs. that of what Creatures Inc.(the responsible party for pokemon card-packing in Japan?) has now, and that would be a bummer... :(

Last edited:

Zierant

Murcielago
Seems like they were trying to make product a bit harder to get then a famous Japanese Youtuber said he liked Pokemon then the whole thing exploded again, like when Pokemon Go came out.

To give you an idea how bad it is, a few weeks, maybe a month ago now, Mega Tokyo Pokemon Center was completely out of packs for at least part of a day.

Check this out. What is available online now from Japanese Pokemon Center, think this brings the point home more than anything. No SM era boxes or packs in stock. The next set pre-orders at 1 per customer sold out within a day as well. But they will have more listed at release.

https://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/?main_page=product_list&cat1=card
That’s insane! Doubt it but they should print more runs :(

Vivek M

Aspiring Trainer
Why am I getting the feeling that all of the Battle Chatelaine will have same effect.

Discard the rest 3 and do some crazy things.

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Well, hopefully the Guzma full art follows the Lillie trend, and the old Guzma goes down a bit...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hey, I can’t see the Guzma...
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE GIOVANNI’S SCHEME! WHEEE!
Morgan would be interesting if we knew what Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria did.
And hey, not that I actually look up the Battle Chatelaines, they all have the same color as the Tapus!
Coincidence? Yes.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I can’t see the Guzma...
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE GIOVANNI’S SCHEME! WHEEE!
Morgan would be interesting if we knew what Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria did.
And hey, not that I actually look up the Battle Chatelaines, they all have the same color as the Tapus!
Coincidence? Yes.

...You say that even though the one depicted here is in green clothing, which DOESN'T correspond to the colour of a Tapu.

The Chatelaines are interesting. (Assuming all 4 are similarly gimmicky.) Definitely want to mess around with them at some point. Wonder what the other three do.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Shiny Eevee was totally unexpected, who have guess Eevee finally getting more love. Please let this guy stay in the format longer

4 Eevee & 4 Eevee GX for Eeveelution Decks

- I wonder if I can get you guys to LIKE this post to support me in Taskmaster.