Greninja BREAK

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone here thought about running the new promo Greninja as a means to help deal with Garbodor?

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Has anyone here thought about running the new promo Greninja as a means to help deal with Garbodor?
That's one of the main reasons I'm testing it now. While I haven't really made that kind of use of it yet, chipping away with 1 energy spread is actually very nice in the early game. The retreat cost is the biggest bummer about it, sure, but it's still not too bad to deal with.

ec325ec02b.jpg

I kicked my energy count up to 10 because I felt I was getting too many game-costing energy droughts. I still feel kinda iffy about Splash Energy because it's more easily disrupted than basic Water.

Last edited:

Calcab

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think it's a good card. Greninja relies on preserve energy to play, and its retreat cost makes it a bad card. Sure you can put 2 damage counters on Garbodor then finish it with Lysandre + Moonlight Slash,
That's one of the main reasons I'm testing it now. While I haven't really made that kind of use of it yet, chipping away with 1 energy spread is actually very nice in the early game. The retreat cost is the biggest bummer about it, sure, but it's still not too bad to deal with.

ec325ec02b.jpg

I kicked my energy count up to 10 because I felt I was getting too many game-costing energy droughts. I still feel kinda iffy about Splash Energy because it's more easily disrupted than basic Water.
I would like to know how you're doing with this deck. Is it ok? I think the Greninja promo is very situational, but yet worth to use, specially against Garbodor, being able to deal 20 damage, then Lysandre + Moonlight Slash is great, but I don't think how it fits against decks that doesn't use Garbodor. Anyway, I would drop the Trainers' Mail to run 1 more Level Ball and 1 more Sycamore, having a Froakie on the bench on T1 is my personal priority.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
I had no succes with the promo Greninja against Garbodor. Still trying Minccino. I highly recommend eco arm I use it a lot. Might need to completely rethink Greninja and pair with something like Audino or Latios because of all the Garbodor.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
I had no succes with the promo Greninja against Garbodor. Still trying Minccino. I highly recommend eco arm I use it a lot. Might need to completely rethink Greninja and pair with something like Audino or Latios because of all the Garbodor.
To be honest, tool removal isn't even really enough to deal with garbodor. You need to knock the trash bag out on the first turn of moonlight slash to have a chance. In standard, the only way to do this is to play giovanni's scheme with pokemon catcher, since muscle band rotated. Unfortunately, everything that plays garbodor these days usually has the power to KO a greninja by the time it comes up.

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I'd highly recommend anyone looking for a very well tested, tournament winning Greninja BREAK decklist, to take a look at my list I posted in the deck garage, I'm open to hearing opinions on it and feedback, but it may help anyone with trying to build a great competitive list. I'd highly recommend to anyone adding 1-3 Giovanni's Schemes in the deck, I posted an explanation on the multi wonderful benefits the card has to offer, and will help you in a lot of situations! I've been a very successful with my list! With helpful consideration, best wishes with this awesome deck!

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
What about running manaphy as an answer for if the octillary gets lysandre'd in?

Because then that allows them to Lysandre the Manaphy for free Prize Cards as well... ^^;;

To be honest, I'm really enjoying the list Christopher Schemanske took to Fort Wayne. It has done me well so far and I'm a fan of not wasting bench space on things like Shaymin/Octillery/Talonflame. Also, it's consistent and, while he didn't do as well as he could have, the fact that he did as well as he did makes me believe in the list even more.

-Asmer