Graphics Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Here goes...

I've been wanting to make the jump to digital art for a while now, and I've tried drawing with a mouse, but i'm just SO used to the pencil/paper feeling that I WILL NOT get into the mouse drawing! It just looks sloppy. And when it comes to drawing and sketching, I'm somewhat obsessive-compulsive about sloppiness.
So I need a graphics tablet that's cheap (Somewhere under 60 USD. Darn parents won't buy me anything) but does the job well. I'm fine with getting one online, but my parents would rather order it from a reputable Internet shop like Amazon or something. (Preferably real and physical stores, like BestBuy or something. They're still sketchy about Amazon even)
And last, maybe some of you could throw in a few tips as to using the tablet and getting used to drawing with it.

Anyway, this has been Hardcore, and thanks for reading...and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

It is pretty hard to get a good tablet for under $60. I have found most to be around $100. However, you don't need to use tablet or draw with a mouse to make digital art. If you have a scanner or a digital camera, you could always draw with paper and pencil, and then scan/take a picture of you drawing and upload it onto your computer. Then, if you have Photoshop or something like it, trace you drawing using the line tool. That way you don't have to do it free hand. XD Well, at least thats what I have been doing while I continue save up for a tablet.

MeadowBubble said:
It is pretty hard to get a good tablet for under $60. I have found most to be around $100. However, you don't need to use tablet or draw with a mouse to make digital art. If you have a scanner or a digital camera, you could always draw with paper and pencil, and then scan/take a picture of you drawing and upload it onto your computer. Then, if you have Photoshop or something like it, trace you drawing using the line tool. That way you don't have to do it free hand. XD Well, at least thats what I have been doing while I continue save up for a tablet.

Well i've tried that many many times but our scanner's crappy quality annoys me, and it just takes too long to do it that way. It always comes out wrong. I'm a super fast sketcher too, and it's easier for me to just do it with a tablet...it takes to long the other way.
And i've seen them under 40 dollars, I just don't know their quality. But thanks anyway...

PokéBeach has http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-official-technological-help-thread for questions like this.

I know Omaha locked this, but as an art student I felt the need to chime in.

I'd go with any wacom tablet. You can't go wrong with a bamboo, and if you want something a bit more expensive and with more features, there is the intuos line. http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTL460-Bamboo-Pen-Tablet/dp/B002OOWC3I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330107806&sr=8-4 Bamboo seems to be right in your price range.

Hope this helped! If you have any more questions/concerns just shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back