Grains of Sand - Points for helpful posts

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PokéBeach has started a new points system designed to encourage more helpful posts in TCG forums. Forum moderator [mod]Celebi23[/mod] is heading this project. This will help new players get an idea of helpful posts that they should be making around the forums, while also teaching valuable skills that could be used to help others. Distributors will give out the grains of sand indicated on the bottom of a post and they will be tracked in the thread here that details the system in greater detail.

The person with the most grains of sand for each month will be interviewed and featured on the forum portal.

Sounds a fair bit to the spelling and grammar reps on the surface, just done by mods instead of members. I'm curious to see how this unfolds.

^Yeah, I am too. Hopefully it will work out like I intended. It's different from the S/G reps because those encourage well... good S/G, whereas this encourages polite, informative, and helpful posts. They're two different things, but I can see the similarity in their structures. Hopefully this turns out better than that did, though...

That only ended up not working out because it became more of a popularity and "I'll get you back" thing by members. Keep this fair and it should work out fine.

The difference is in the judges. Credible people have been chosen so results would be better unlike the S&G where I compare it to the worst form of voting. Fan voting.

^Is that the thing that got removed right before I joined? That one spelling and grammar thing? Or right after I joined, I can't remember...

But this looks like a great system. Hopefully this will be for VG too (drops of water sounds kewl), it could help boost activity. And from what I've seen, VG is in serious need of activity.

Back