Gothruzelle .. new trainer lock star?! i mean doll

Well, there's only a couple problems with the damage output, and that's when you're facing a deck with easy retreat cost, and decks with Resistance such as Tyranitar (Resistance+120 a turn), Lostgar (Yea, Goth won't win this won), and Garchomp (Trainer lock will definatly slow it down, but Garchomp's damage output and the energy return body is gonna make it a hard matchup), some of the major upcoming decks of the format, as well as an old favorite, DialgaChomp, which will be a popular deck with Lostgar seeing so much play. The good matchups include easily Gyarados (Probably won't be so hot since all of the decks mentioned doesn't have a good matchup against), and most other decks, again with high retreat costs or weakness/no resist to Psychic.

yes tyranitar can be a problem indeed. however lostgar? i believe he has no offensive powers and besides how can a lostgar player slap down lost world under a trainerlock?!

^Because it's a Stadium.
LostGar isn't for its "offensive powers." It's to Seeker up a benched 'Mon, use Hurl Into Darkness, then rinse and repeat. Or in some cases, Omastar MD can work (makes you return all benched highest-stage evolution cards to your hand) in combo with Hurl Into Darkness. or even Honchkrow SV to get a 'Mon on bench if it can be OHKO'd with Hurl Into Darkness.

my bad thought stadiums are still under goods.

and i am so very much aware about the strategy behind lostgar thankyou very much n_n. oh and i said it has no offensive power XD

seeker = old amber tech says hi

omastar MD = power spray says hi

honch = you mean cursed droplets right?!

While it is nice that it only trainer locks your opponent, it's attack is horrid and you still need spiritomb to set up. In a format where Vileplume exists, it can't stand up to it.

@aishen, you're probably not going to be able to use Power Spray in this deck unless you add in a few SP Pokémon. And
aishen said:
yes tyranitar can be a problem indeed. however lostgar? i believe he has no offensive powers and besides how can a lostgar player slap down lost world under a trainerlock?!
Does that mean you think LostGar won't win because it has a low damage output? As I said, LostGar doesn't rely on "offensive powers." Goth won't win this.
aishen said:
honch = you mean cursed droplets right?!
No, I mean Honchkrow SV.

what i meant right there has been answered already XD .. its because i thought stadiums will be barred under trainer lock as well, since you already told me that its not under goods then theres no doubt lostgar will out win goth.

yeah i know its SV honch. what is was trying to confirm is that the synergy between the two. if im not mistaken, that would be darkness restore > cursed droplets .. correct?

Honch SV goes with either Cursed Drop or just the basic Seeker -> Hurl into darkness combo.

As for the Lolita pokémon, I personally think it'll have to wait until Vileplume UD is out of the format until it gets it's time to shine. Though it indeed confers the advantage of not trainer locking yourself, it's horrible attack and bottom stats, not even to begin mentioning it must be active to work, means it's inferior to Vileplume UD that just grows on the bench and does it's thing without needing to do anything else than just staying on the field.

Maybe the Lolita will have a chance to shine, but I personally doubt that will be before 2 more rotations, and who knows what we have by then to work with?

For those, however, who do wish to try it out, I'd stick with the dodrio-crusegar combo, but then Id never, ever use the Lolita to attack.

My conclusion: Don't run it as the focus in a deck, but just like Vileplume does now, run it as a tech, but only for specific decks (like Magnezone SF, Cursegar, and Octillery to name a few).

the cursegar + dodrio combo is a good partner. thanks for bringing in the idea. however i cant see how goth can be a good tech in some decks due to its form being a stage 2 so it needs resources to be set up

Back