Gothruzelle .. new trainer lock star?! i mean doll

aishen

Look who's back!
well i was looking at the scan and well .. gothruzelle seems like it will be big someday .. what do you think guys?

Gothruzelle – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gothmiru
Ability: Magic Room
As long as this Pokemon is in the Active position, your opponent can’t play any Goods cards from his or her hand.
[C][C][C] Mad Kinesis: Does 30 damage plus an additional 20 damage times the number of Psychic Energy attached to this Pokemon.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

The problem is it needs to be active. And with the high energy cost, I'm not sure that'll work so well.

The Body is really cool, but Goth Girl's bad attack just isn't helping. It isn't worth building a deck around this card due to the bad attack.

Yeah someone mention using gengar arceus shadow skip to switch benched goth to active, i guess it could work like that. Using some pokemon that attacks and switches; you could also use Dodrio UD for free retreat?

but yeah...i dont know.. this card reminds me of Victreebel TM :(

i was thinking o attaching a memory berry on her .. but i think her pre evo lines dont have good set of attacks either.

That pokemon is good with ranculus its ability removes damage counters and puts them on to other pokemon. And gothruzelle attack damage increases with each psychich energy on to it with ranculus on the bench you will have more time to put psychich energys on to gothruzelle.

^That's actually not a bad idea so long as it doesn't get OHKO'd. And you have enough stuff to move damage to.

Two other things i thought of with this combo is you could swap all the damage counter on to sheiram or zekrom and you can have max revive in the deck. This isnt a extremley quick idea but you can have dce and rare candy.

What about pokemon whose attacks include the effect of switching with one of your benched? With a benched dodrio UD and/or switches you could end each turn with gothruzelle up, and retreat/switch it out of the active slot to attack. Magnezone SF, for example, does 60 and switches.

this one is good .. teching in a seeker if the damaged swap abosorber is almost KO'ed then rinse and repeat. i was thinking:

gothruzelle + ranculus + wailord + seeker + BTS = move damage counters to wailord. if its about to get KO'ed seeker then BTS .. rinse and repeat.

boomerang is good but you'll be eating too much warps and switch..

I was thinking about putting gothruzelle and ranculus in a deck and my concern is it could get donked by cards like chilliachino. So maybe celbi prime would be nice in this deck.

Hmm...faster than Vilegar, more dependable attack, doesn't lock yourself...I think we have a winner.

Tech the memory berry. Sleep lock+Trainer lock? Please.

@ thepliskin5005 - oh sorry i havent read max restore .. works better and less resources.

@ tyraniking - that looks good but is the damage output fair?!

What about pokemon whose attacks include the effect of switching with one of your benched? With a benched dodrio UD and/or switches you could end each turn with gothruzelle up, and retreat/switch it out of the active slot to attack. Magnezone SF, for example, does 60 and switches.
Might as well just use Spiritomb in that case. Less retreat, far less deckspace, upon retreating you can use your trainers anyway...no, hit-and-run won't be Gothruzelle's niche.

I'm trying to figure out something with Electrode. If you can stack enough energy on Gothruzelle and then start spamming Catchers, you can quite easily sweep through an opponent since odds are they won't be having a good recovery. Adding stuff like Dialga PT to the mix...eh, it could work. Won't be easy tho.

suicide with electrode prime for energy accelerator. in regards to the catcher spamming. would this be good in relation to what lou is trying to work out? :

use catchers then junk arm *discard energies with it* recycling the catcher then slap dialga PT on bench, use now electrode prime. but of course needs work and good timing.

Back