• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gothitelle Lock

gompy89

Aspiring Trainer
--- 20 Pokemon ---

4-2-3 Gothitelle
3-1-2 Reuniclus
1 Shaymin
1 Zekrom
1 Kyurem
2 Pichu

--- 29 TSS ---
2 Collector
4 Twins
3 PONT
2 Judge
2 N
1 Max Potion
4 Communication
4 Rare Candy
3 Junk Arm
2 Catcher
1 Super Rod
1 Tropical beach

--- 11 Energy ---
2 DCE
9 Psychic

Normal strategy get the lock by turn 3 with gothitelle and reuniclus. The dragons to take damage and zekrom against yanmegas / kyurem against tyram.

Suggestions xD

UPDATED, maxed the communications for consistency, dropped 1 collector because added one more pichu.
Added judge with N for disruption.

About blissey dont know yet whats best option if dragons or blissey

--- Pokemon 20 ---
4-2-3 Gothitelle
3-1-2 Reuniclus
1 Kyurem
1 Zekrom
2 Pichu
1 Shaymin

--- TSS 29 ---
3 Tropical Beach
3 Collector
4 Twins
2 N
2 PONT
1 Seeker
4 Candy
4 Communication
3 Junk arm
2 Catcher
1 MAx Potion

--- Energy 11 ---
8 PSychic
3 DCE

So what i am trying to get is the best healing option, the dragons or 1-1 blissey, i think a 1-1 will have many dissadvantages since a prized chansey will ruin the strategy and starting with it is the same.
Starting with dragons isnt that bad since the can attack and will at least dont get KO till 3rd turn.

My new option is terrakion to be a magnezone counter and add some rainbow energies then when i KO one magnezone the other one will be KO by terrakion´s first attack.

I would like to include a switch but cant find space so i am running 3 DCE as a switch substitute.

Give suggestions, Thanks =)

UPDATED

Yeah, Blissey always seems good at first, but adventually you'll see you don't need it much. I suggest a Reshiram instead of Zekrom or Kyurem so you can kill any Cobalion that tries to lock you.

ok, and about the magnezone counter ? I feel that if i dont have beach on field on time and they do T1 or T2 judge they really slow me down

Thanks for suggestion

Judges can really hurt this deck, but with your drawm supporters you should be able to recover :/ Not much else you can do, besides add a cleffa. Then, you can recover if they use it really early.

You should probably run more max potions for healing or run a seeker + Blissey combo.

-1 Tropical Beach and -1 Twins for +2 Max potions (you need to draw into it late game)

changes done:

4-2-3 Gothitelle
3-1-2 Reuniclus
1 Kyurem
1 Zekrom
1 Pichu
1 Cleffa
1 Shaymin

3 Tropical Beach
4 Collector
3 Twins
3 N
1 Pokegear 3.0
4 Candy
4 Communication
3 Junk arm
1 Catcher
2 Max Potion
1 Switch

8 PSychic
3 DCE

Its far more consistent like this.
I would like to fit in 1 more catcher and a Seeker but cant find space without losing consitency :S

You should also take out a switch for another Gothitelle, since you typically sacrifice 1, another is killed eventually after attacking or not having a Reuniclus up, and the third is prized, you lose.
I would take out the Shaymin for the Catcher, but that is up to you.

I feel 3 Tropical Beaches are overkill. I also agree that Shaymin wouldn't be very useful and may be another Junk Arm or Catcher could do better.

Lumos77 said:
You should also take out a switch for another Gothitelle, since you typically sacrifice 1, another is killed eventually after attacking or not having a Reuniclus up, and the third is prized, you lose.
I would take out the Shaymin for the Catcher, but that is up to you.

About fourth gothitelle, dont have more and i dont think it will be that usefull, yes the third can be prized but 1 card in 60 has a low probability of being prized, and in almost 80% of the games is useless. =)

Mareepman said:
I feel 3 Tropical Beaches are overkill. I also agree that Shaymin wouldn't be very useful and may be another Junk Arm or Catcher could do better.

3 is the perfect number for beaches since it is really faster when i get beach from drawing instead of twins search. And it rises the probabilities of drawing it on the opening hand that is essencial against decks with T1 or T2 judge.

iisnumber12 said:
I would take out the dragons and max potion and add a 1-0-1 Serperior (Ability) line.

That would be a 3rd stage 2 line that will take consistency to the deck and the dragons are techs against decks that serperior cant cover

what about -1 dragon +1 Gothitelle (a 4rd Gothitelle for consistency) ?

I was thinking about +1 energy retrievel, might be necessary in bad hand cases where i need to retreat ?

3 or 2 DCE ? I think 2 is enought almost all games.

Help, thanks =)

Back