Gliscor's Tips and Tutorials ~Added Squirtle Sig Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Swampert Sig Tutorial
A basic/intermediate sig tutorial. Made with Photoshop CS2, but should work with Gimp. This tutorial creates a sig with a render and added effects.

Siganture tips Intermediate
A tutorial (more like tips) for things to follow when making a good signature. For the intermediate siggers.

Houndoom Smudge Sig Tutorial
A tutorial on how to make a tag by only using filters, smudging, clipping masks, and lighting. For the C4D-less siggers. Not compatible with Gimp.

Fire Mewtwo Sig Tutorial
An intermediate sig tutorial. Made with Photoshop CS2, and should work (with experimenting) with Gimp. The tutorial takes a Mewtwo render with fire effects.

Squirtle Sig Tutorial *New
An intermediate/advanced sig tutorial. Made with PS CS2, but should work with Gimp. This tutorial takes a Squirtle render and makes it look like he's diving underwater. The bokeh brush download is here (brush compatible with Gimp).

Post any of your results here, or leave a comment with questions and critique. I'd love to see what you've done ;D

RE: Swampert sig tutorial

I really love your tutorial! You did a god job with it though in my opinion, it looks really dark at the end. I would suggest you lighten it up just a bit. :)

Thanks =D If you want to make the sig brighter, then you could add a Curves layer, or brush a white soft brush on a new layer, set it to Soft Light, and lower the opacity. But I guess in this specific tag, I intended the color scheme to be a blue-darker blue.

Thanks HoS ^.^ Judging by your post, did you try to make the tag? I'd like to see the result.

Thanks for this, Gliscor! I've been playing around with Gimp for quite a while, so I figured that I could try this out on that software for fun. Very well done tutorial.

RE: Gliscor's Tips and Tutorials ~Added Intermediate Tips

Thanks SinnohTrainer. I know that Gimp doesn't have Linear Dodge and Color Dodge, so I'd say use Dodge for Linear Dodge and maybe Addition for Color Dodge.

I added a new tutorial. Let me know if I made an explanation mistake.

82fullhollowichigo.png

and

82fullhollowichigov2.png

Just the border difference...don't know which is better..

I followed the Siganture tips Intermediate one...xDxD...CnC in my thread please....=D

As much as I would like to post the tag here. I also used Xous's Swampert. Therefore I don't have permission to upload it.
I need some help though.
Where do I find C4Ds I mean .. good quality ones. I tried Planetrenders too. Any ideas?

You don't have permission? Unless you asked him to use it, you certainly can post it.

To find good C4D's, try looking at the Art Resource thread for some websites. Deviantart and Planetrenders are the place I go to the most.

RE: Gliscor's Tips and Tutorials ~Added Houndoom Smudge Sig Tutorial

I added a new tutorial, the Houndoom Smudge Sig tutorial. It's for the people who don't have access to good C4D's. Sorry Gimp users, but this just won't work that well with Gimp.

RE: Gliscor's Tips and Tutorials ~Added Fire Mewtwo Sig Tutorial

I added a new tutorial, the Fire Mewtwo Sig Tutorial. It requires C4D's, basic/intermediate sig knowledge, and smudging. Gimp users, I'm sure if you experiment you can achieve about the same results.

Rate/Hate!

This is my result of your tutorial-

2nhjcqv.png

I didn't add text, and I did some smudging a little different.

Sorry EPM, but Mewtwo hardly blends in with the backround at all. The colors on Mewtwo are completely off, and I can easily tell you only pasted Mewtwo on a background.

Though I didn't pasted it. I blended it, smudged, and used the feather tool.

If you did, then you underdid each of them. It's not blended in well, I should say.

I added a Squirtle Sig Tutorial. You'll need some Fractal C4D's, bubble brushes, bokeh brushes (Bokeh Brush download provided), Effect C4D's, and Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of sigging to get a good result.

And this tutorial was the one where I made the most mistakes (who could accidentally leave out FIVE steps)? I did add the steps though =P

Nice tutorials Gliscor. I used to do plain old background by only smudging, but now I can finally try some new styles out and see how they go. I am using Gimp at the moment.... I was wondering which program would be better at making effects?

Between Photoshop and Gimp, I'd say Photoshop. Photoshop has more effects such as Photofilters (help with colors), better Gradient Maps (once again, colors), better smudging and brushing effects, more blending options, and has more filters. Gimp, however, should be used if you can't afford Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back