Giratina-EX Variants

I've seen a Xerneas variant of this deck making the rounds lately that uses Geomancy and Aromatisse to power up multiple Giratina EX on the bench. It seems quite effective but I wouldn't put it quite on the level of the Toad variant.

I've seen a Xerneas variant of this deck making the rounds lately that uses Geomancy and Aromatisse to power up multiple Giratina EX on the bench. It seems quite effective but I wouldn't put it quite on the level of the Toad variant.
Played it for a while. If you can Geomancy T1 you can hold your own, but otherwise it limps along too much for the current meta.

So I've grown bored of Seismitoad/Giratina and I want to know what you guys pair it with please do not mention the following:

Vileplume
Seismitoad
Zoroark
Bronzong

Thanks!

When Giratina first came out, some people started playing it with Reshiram/Hydreigon.

Also, Aromatisse can be used because Double Dragon can count as a fairy energy, which can be moved. Then, you use AZ, Max Potion, or retreat for free with Fairy Garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garbodor could be an interesting pair. Or maybe using Vanilluxe as a secondary attacker. Or maybe even use Giratina as a shield against Mega Pokemon, using Pangoro BKP as the attacker as a damage reduction if the opponent can pierce through. And NintendoAlian's suggestion is good, too, if your opponent is Special Energy/Stadium/Tool heavy, especially Mega Rayquaza and Raichu variants.

I've been testing Togekiss/Max Elixir/Giratina and I can on average get a Tina set up turn two with a combination of both. Plus no special energy + Fighting Fury Belt for the extra HP.

The downside is that Giratina is my only attacker in the deck, but I guess a Scattershot Mewtwo would be ok.

I was playing about with BKT Parasect to grab Psychic and Grass energies, it goes off without an issue *if* you can guarantee Paras in the starting spot, and having a Parasect, Forest of Giant Plants and any energy in your hand (along with 1-2 Giratinas benched).

I've been testing Togekiss/Max Elixir/Giratina and I can on average get a Tina set up turn two with a combination of both. Plus no special energy + Fighting Fury Belt for the extra HP.

The downside is that Giratina is my only attacker in the deck, but I guess a Scattershot Mewtwo would be ok.

I'm really curious on this build and what you have been working on.

I'm really curious on this build and what you have been working on.

I will write up a list at some point, after more testing. I run 6 Grass and 6 Psychic Energy, 4 Max Elixir and a 3-3-3 Togekiss build, along with 2 Shaymin. That's the basic "core" of the deck. It's incredibly single-minded, so I guess more of a tech demo than anything, but it's fun.

I'm trying to figure out how a deck like this would work with Breakthrough/Breakpoint cards, especially in the light of Trevenant XY, Greninja Break, and Jolteon EX running around. Is there anything different that I should run?

For a while, I was toying around using Giratina/ Mega Man with Dragon Zekrom as a non-EX attacker. I also used Smeargle and for a bit, Shatter Shot Mewtwo-EX.

I've been playing a Toad / Tina with Garbodor, it helps with things like Vespiquen / Vileplume, but the Greninja BREAK match up is still tough. What could the deck use to better that match up?

Back