Getting Someone Else Into The Game

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
(Not sure if this forum is the right one so I'll just hope it is.)

Well, basically I'd like to get someone else into the game. I know that FluffyChomp (Garchomp/Altaria) is a fairly straight-forward deck so I was looking at that. It's kind of expensive, but I wouldn't be getting Catchers or anything else expensive like Terrakion for it. So that should drop the price down a bit.

Now the question. For anyone out there who have tested the deck, how simple is it? Simple enough for my six-year old sister? Because while said person could learn the rules easily I would need a pretty simple deck for her to run. I was looking at Empoleon because she would have to count in 10's which could be a good educational thing I guess, as well as be an easyish deck to run; swarm and kill. But then it occurred to me, I can't buy Terrakions. Lightning would plow her down.

So now I'm looking at FluffyChomp since I managed to nab a few Garchomps for cheap online.

I haven't even asked her if she wants to give it a shot, but she seems really interested in learning new things, and she always wanted to go to the tournaments just to be there. And while it sounds like I'm just bragging now, I am quite certain that she could win, considering she already makes makeshift strategies to beat us when we play other games together. I mean it's not like she's a baby, and she will be seven this year. She can read quite well to, so that would make things a LOT easier.

What do you think, would FluffyChomp be a simple enough deck? I want something competitive for her that's still simple, but not the most horrible deck out there just because it's simple.

Thanks for reading.

RE: Getting someone else into the game.

Definitely. The lack of Energy moving and stuff plus the primary idea of getting as many Altaria as possible should be simple enough...though she is still relatively young, I guess this is worth a try. I'd start with a more basic deck without Abilities though. So when she learns about those after being acustommed to the game's simple mechanics, she'll pick them up without a problem.

Yeah she is really young compared to even most Juniors, but she always asked to play with the cards and my brother and I always kind of shrugged her off. Then it hit me that tournaments could be something really fun for her if she enjoyed playing at home, because she does really well with others.

I'm trying to think of a good deck that doesn't use abilities, but I'm finding it a bit hard. What I think I'll do is build her something REALLY simple to play with, then if I think she enjoys it enough and has a hang of things I'll put in abilities then just continue on from there.

Anyone have an idea for something super simple? Something that discards hands like Juniper, for obvious reasons, couldn't be in it. I'm looking at Cincinno + something else. It has evolutions, swarming is an easy enough idea to grasp (and it doesn't depend on your opponent like Empoleon), and it could have a ton of filler stuff like Potion and other... Easy stuff Idonrealyno.

SotS said:
Yeah she is really young compared to even most Juniors, but she always asked to play with the cards and my brother and I always kind of shrugged her off. Then it hit me that tournaments could be something really fun for her if she enjoyed playing at home, because she does really well with others.

I'm trying to think of a good deck that doesn't use abilities, but I'm finding it a bit hard. What I think I'll do is build her something REALLY simple to play with, then if I think she enjoys it enough and has a hang of things I'll put in abilities then just continue on from there.

Anyone have an idea for something super simple? Something that discards hands like Juniper, for obvious reasons, couldn't be in it. I'm looking at Cincinno + something else. It has evolutions, swarming is an easy enough idea to grasp (and it doesn't depend on your opponent like Empoleon), and it could have a ton of filler stuff like Potion and other... Easy stuff Idonrealyno.

You could build Do the wave Mincenno, its straight forward, cheap and its a good deck to get someone used to the faster decktypes.

Back