OU: Pokémon Getting Smogon Retests

rauber

Aspiring Trainer
I really love lucario, but i also play by smogon rules where mega-lucario is uber and i want to know if there is someway from him to be retested, i mean the meta-game changed and mega-lucario is to frail/ has to many weaknesses. So is there a way to contact smogon and require a retest to be voted at least?

RE: How to make smogon retest something

You could make an account on smogon and make a post/thread about it, but they'll laugh at you because Mega Lucario is still broken and will not be unbanned. Just use regular Luke in UU or something.

RE: How to make smogon retest something

A Pokemon doesn't go to Ubers because it will do well there. It goes to Ubers because it's too good for OU. It won't get retested for a while yet because of how good it is.

The only thing smogon will ever retest is possibly aegislash. (banned by a 62% majority, you need atleast a 60% majority inorder for something to be banned.. litteraly 1 vote caused him to leave, and many unskilled players easily laddered during that test, and the voting period even ended earlier than it should have as people were changing their votes.) No body has really seen that big of a meta change after his ban.. except for maybe mandibuzz losing viability and gallade, pinsir, and heracross destroying stall. I've heard talk from the council about a "potential" retest there but nothing too serious.

Mega Lucario on the other hand.. it was just too much, it has overkill stats all around, can run special, mixed, or physical, good coverage, might as well argue regular rayquaza to be dropped to OU. The metagame did indeed change, but not at all for lucario as he still nukes everything with adaptability. He's a Mega Beedrill with larger verstility, equally versitile on the special side, higher base power moves, better STABs, priority, and better typing/bulk. That's not even mentioning nasty plot+swords dance.. Sorry about that is a retest I don't believe will ever happen. Unless a new generation comes out with 50 or so checks to him.

Darn how i wished to see lucario OU again, what would need for regular lucario to be back to OU then?

Lucario is UU in the moment, it was OU before in gen V, i want to know why it dropped to UU and how(if possible) can it make a comeback to OU

rauber said:
Lucario is UU in the moment, it was OU before in gen V, i want to know why it dropped to UU and how(if possible) can it make a comeback to OU

Lucario is simiply outclassed by other mons that preform the same task. With a lower end speed stat it is often out speed. Other pokes that do the same task are often faster, have better attacking stats, and sometimes bulkier. You can still use him in OU but he isnt the best option any more.

Why does it even matter whether Lucario is OU or not? Just play UU where it is good if you really want to use it that badly.

Cinesra said:
Why does it even matter whether Lucario is OU or not? Just play UU where it is good if you really want to use it that badly.

Or just use it in OU
OU is every mom in OU and below, not just the 60-ish that are there

rauber said:
What are the pokes that outclass lucario? What changed in gen six to it go to UU?

Well M-Gallade, M-Medicham, Herracros, M-Herracross, pretty much most of the fighting types outclass it. What changed was that It is easily out speed and now how less power than other fighting types. And he doesnt suck because he is in UU, that tier has some very good pokes, it is just he isnt the best anymore.

But herracros is slower than lucario, what rised him? But i guess im gonna have to life with my favorite poke being UU.

i also heard about pokemon geting stat boost when new games come like when nidoking attack raised 10 points(does gamefreak does not know already that he is a sp attacker?!), any chance of lucario getting a raise in speed, or other stat? Im pretty sure that the chances are low but if he got a speed boosted to 100 i think he would go back to OU.Do you guys think i should make a thread about stats change?

rauber said:
But herracros is slower than lucario, what rised him? But i guess im gonna have to life with my favorite poke being UU.

i also heard about pokemon geting stat boost when new games come like when nidoking attack raised 10 points(does gamefreak does not know already that he is a sp attacker?!), any chance of lucario getting a raise in speed, or other stat? Im pretty sure that the chances are low but if he got a speed boosted to 100 i think he would go back to OU.Do you guys think i should make a thread about stats change?

M-Herracross has more bulk. NIdoking can be used as a special or physical attack(In fact I just battled a physical one today) both are good for him. He isnt going to get a stat boost in the middle of Gen 6, those pokes got Stat boost in XY to open the generation. I doubt he will get one even in Gen 7

rauber said:
But i guess im gonna have to life with my favorite poke being UU.
You make it sound like this is a bad thing. It's not the end of the world and you can just use it in UU if you want it to be good.
does gamefreak does not know already that he is a sp attacker?!
You do realize that its Atk and SpA are about even right? You don't get to arbitrarily decide that it's a special attacker when it can clearly be physical or special.
any chance of lucario getting a raise in speed, or other stat? Im pretty sure that the chances are low but if he got a speed boosted to 100 i think he would go back to OU.Do you guys think i should make a thread about stats change?
We have no idea of what mons will get stat increases or even if that'll happen again. If it does, keep in mind that it would be in generation 7 at the earliest which will come out in 2016 at the earliest. I'd wager that with the next gen 6 game and with the first gen 7 game we'll see plenty of new threats to either outclass or wall Lucario and 10 Speed certainly won't fix that. 10 more Speed probably wouldn't even fix it right now because 100 speed isn't what it used to be and Lucario really lacks the raw power of megas with like 130-160 base attack and is still frail.

PhantomHaze said:
rauber said:
What are the pokes that outclass lucario? What changed in gen six to it go to UU?

Well M-Gallade, M-Medicham, Herracros, M-Herracross, pretty much most of the fighting types outclass it. What changed was that It is easily out speed and now how less power than other fighting types. And he doesnt suck because he is in UU, that tier has some very good pokes, it is just he isnt the best anymore.

Ain't just being outclassed, he's just walled by pretty much everything.
Sableye
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Arcanine
Roserade
Latios
Latias
Medicham
Gallade
Slowbro
Venomoth
Volcarona
Quagsire (Special attack may threaten him but it's not OHKO'ing before being OHKO'd by eq)
Cresselia
Tentacruel

Insert any bulky psychic and poison type and anything with scald here.

Even down in UU he kinda doesn't do all that amazing. I see he is A-rank but I have never actually seen a lucario being used in UU for the longest time or being successful either.

To be honest, if you're not on showdown just do whatever you want. Nobody said you HAVE to not use mega luke.. just don't think your skilled or anything if you 6-0 an entire team with it.

Cinesra said:
does gamefreak does not know already that he is a sp attacker?!
You do realize that its Atk and SpA are about even right?
Just nit picking... Special attack is 5 points higher than Physical ;)

Start playing the VGC. The VGC is the official format and Mega Lucario is allowed and viable.
And it's really fun.

Teal said:
Start playing the VGC. The VGC is the official format and Mega Lucario is allowed and viable.
And it's really fun.

Regular lucario is even more viable actually. Mega kanga? Steadfast/justified says hi.

He does pretty good as a follow me user, pair him with hyper voice mega mence and you're golden.

MegaBeedrill said:
Just nit picking... Special attack is 5 points higher than Physical ;)
I know that. That's why I said about even. ;)

But yeah learning VGC is an alternative for UU or casual battles.

Back