• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Genesect EX / Virizion EX / Dragonite EX

Bumbleblogn

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• Genesect EX x3 (main attacker)
    Virizion EX x4(set up)
    Dragonite EX x2( secondary attacker)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Juniper 3
    N 3
    Colress 2
    skyla 3
    Shadow triad 2
    G Booster 1
    hypnotoxic laser 4
    virbank city gym 2

energy retrieval 3
    startling megaphone 2
    switch 4
    energy switch 2
    ultraball 4
    plasma ball 2
Energy:

• Energy: 15

grass 8
    plasma 4
    lightning 3

Strategy:

dragonite should prevent KO's by acting as a "rush in" for genesect decks. thoughts?

RE: Genesect EX/Virizion EX/Dragonite EX

I would drop a lightning energy, a plasma ball, and a switch for a 4th N, a 4th Juniper, and a Professor's Letter, just to add some needed consistency to the deck. You should also mind that Thundurus-EX does a poor job against Yveltal without Deoxys, so you shouldn't really rely on it for that.

Auride said:
I would drop a lightning energy, a plasma ball, and a switch for a 4th N, a 4th Juniper, and a Professor's Letter, just to add some needed consistency to the deck. You should also mind that Thundurus-EX does a poor job against Yveltal without Deoxys, so you shouldn't really rely on it for that.

If I drop lightning energy I can't power up Dragonite so I need to keep those or at least 3 of them. Plasma ball is great for getting genesect ( a plasma pokemon) out for free. As for thundurus, I'd agree, but its mostly for energy retrieval and acceleration. 30+20 for a muscle band=50 x2 for weakness is still 100 damage and an energy attachment.

He said to drop only one Lightning. I actually agree with all of his suggestions. I would also recommend cutting back on Switch. Most of your Pokemon have very manageable retreat costs except for Dragonite, and you'll never have to play Switch to get out of any status because Virizion's Ability takes care of that. On top of all that, you'll be using Dragonite sort of like a Keldeo to Rush In to a fresh attacker, so I think cutting Switch down to two or three would be fine, and would give you room for more consistency cards.

Oh I see... I think I need some form of energy retrieval in here though...

Do you plan to rely solely on Red Signaling opponent's benched Poké? If so, what's your plan for dealing with Garbordor decks (no Startling Megaphone)? Otherwise, consider incorporating 1-2 Lysandre.

Why no Pal Pad?

Any concerns with a Pyroar matchup?

Bumbleblogn said:
Pokemon:

• Genesect EX x3 (main attacker)
    Virizion EX x4(set up)
    Dragonite EX x2( secondary attacker)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Juniper 3
    N 3
    Colress 2
    skyla 3
    Shadow triad 2
    G Booster 1
    hypnotoxic laser 4
    virbank city gym 2
    energy retrieval 3
    startling megaphone 2
    switch 4
    energy switch 2
    ultraball 4
    plasma ball 2
Energy:

• grass 8
    plasma 4
    lightning 3
I count only 59 cards...

I'd suggest you add a Professor's Letter to help you search for energy, especially L energy.

You don't need 4 switching cards. You can do with 2-3. And you don't need 3 energy retrieval (even in last format most Virizion/Genesect decks only ran 1, maybe 2 super rod). I reiterate my initial suggestion of 4 N, as well as 4 Juniper. You simply don't have enough draw power here. A third energy switch also wouldn't hurt, but that's something you should test yourself.

Good luck.

Back