'Generations' Accidentally Packaged in 'BREAKpoint' Packs: First Cards!

Holy Crap. Imakuni? In English? I need to find a bizzarre use for this.

Although probably inferior to using Ariados, you could use Imakuni? to confuse your Machamp-EX and hit for a lot of damage with Crazy Hammer. I think you would still have to flip for Confusion damage so it probably wouldn't be very viable at all. I agree though, I want to find a crazy combo for this card.

I'm actually super thrilled that Imakuni? is finally being released outside of Japan! I remember having a book when the Fossil set was new, and it had pictures of all of the cards from Base, Jungle and Fossil. But it also had the Japanese cards from Team Rocket, both Gym sets, Tropical Island and the vending series. The Imakuni? card(s) always stuck out to me because it was so goofy. (And I also though it was amusing when I found him in the TCG video game when I rented it.) Seriously glad they decided to release it, especially after skipping it in Legendary Treasures.

And it seems others beat me to mentioning the Machamp and Imakuni? combo. I like how it's clearly meant to be a joke card that would never be played, but now there's actually a semi-legit use for it! Ha ha. (Though, I would agree that Ariados would still be better.)

Well for Imakuni? you could use the Inkay in Base X&Y that has Upside Down Evolution into a Malamar.

SURE Wally would be more piratical but wouldn't you rather befuddle people with that Imakuni instead?

Pity there's not the flavor text that was in the GBC game for the card

I recall Imukuni?, when playing the TCG Video Game, had an extra description about it being an extraterrestrial life form that lurks around the city, asking kids whether if he was cuter than Pikachu. It would have been awesome if they added that description to this reprint! n_n

One thing I'm curious about: Yes, Golbat was reprinted, but does that even mean Crobat will as well? Look at the reprints closely: All non-trainers are part of the original 151 Pokemon. Crobat was introduced in generation II, so there's a chance it might not be in the set... I prey that it isn't, as I'm really not happy that crushing hammer got a reprint. :/

I recall Imukuni?, when playing the TCG Video Game, had an extra description about it being an extraterrestrial life form that lurks around the city, asking kids whether if he was cuter than Pikachu. It would have been awesome if they added that description to this reprint! n_n

One thing I'm curious about: Yes, Golbat was reprinted, but does that even mean Crobat will as well? Look at the reprints closely: All non-trainers are part of the original 151 Pokemon. Crobat was introduced in generation II, so there's a chance it might not be in the set... I prey that it isn't, as I'm really not happy that crushing hammer got a reprint. :/
I think that the reprints are going to be some of the original 151 mons and their newer evolutions. (I. E. Luckily and Lickitung)

Seeing as Crobat is getting a Break Evolution soon as a promo in Japan, I'm guessing they're reprinting the full line so that we can get the same card as a promo and have the base forms available in the event of a rotation.

This set is all about generation 1. So why is it called generations? Or will we get more generation sets? Like Generations 2 which will focus on Johto Pokemon. And maybe at that point where Mega Meganium, Mega Typhlosiom and Mega Feraligatr will be introduced!

I'm very, very disappointed. These cards are nothing special, my hype has fell down immediately.

And no, no TPCi, why on earth have you reprinted these freaking bats? No skilled players, you can exult.

Well, if this truly is Generations Set cards, I won't need to worry about spending much money.
I think I'll just buy the promos and the ex's separately.
These reprints have really let me down, especially with the same damn artwork.

I've noticed a few people are commenting on how these are all reprints and nothing all too special. From a competitive perspective, I reckon that a lot of these cards will not really be fillers looking at the uncommons. This means that instead of buying cards from each set, you can get a nice bulk of decent cards in Generations.

Disappointed with the straight reprints, wish they'd have gotten alternate art, like CL style...
Imakuni? Card is cool tho....

Yea... I suppose some new artwork would be nice. You could use Imukani? To power up a machado if you can't get an arcades out in time. Or the use of inkay would be nice too, but I suppose wally is better as a supporter with evolution.

Golbat and crobat phf are being reprinted after just a few short months from their precious retirement, this means they will now stay with us for 2 whole formats in the future. O_O
My emotions can only be described in the below sound effect.

Are only english packs packaged wrong or also others like german ones?
Are there others who have the same "luck"?

Are there many "misprinted" boosters or just a few ones?

These uncommons are really nothing special, here's hoping that the rares in Generations are a bit more exciting.

Funny to hear this though, would be hilarious if this happened with all Breakpoint packs.

Only usage I can see with Imakuni? is to wipe away Sleep/Paralyze so you can retreat. And even then, there are better options....

I love that we get to keep Crushing Hammer, Team Flare Grunt, Red Card, Energy Switch, DCE and the Bat line. I knew this stuff had to be reprinted. I also like that the Beautifly line is getting reprinted. Yay. I have a feeling the next Standard format is going PHF-on to be rotated out.

I'm very, very disappointed. These cards are nothing special, my hype has fell down immediately.

And no, no TPCi, why on earth have you reprinted these freaking bats? No skilled players, you can exult.
At least NM isn't reprinted. Bats are still more skill based than NM.

Back