• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria (fluffchomp)

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there, I'm using this decklist and I want you to say what you think of it.

4-3-4 Garchomp
4-3 Altaria
2 Emolga

3 Juniper
3 Cheren
3 N

3 Level Ball
1 Max Potion
1 Gold Potion
4 Rare Candy
3 Switch
1 Tool Scrapper
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Rod

8 Fighting Energy
4 Blend WLFM

I'm considering taking out one rare candy and adding one tool scrapper, because just having one doesn't seem to get it on the times when it is needed

Gold Potion isn't really needed since you already have an effective way to heal damage (Max Potion). Also nine Supporters won't be enough. I suggest using Skyla over Cheren, especially in Garchomp/Altaria, since it helps it can search out Gabite then another Dragon or Rare Candy so that you can start attacking. I know Colress hasn't been released yet, but I believe prereleases are next weekend, so I would definately use at least two. You have Emolga, and Gabite can search out another Gible, so T2, you could completely fill your Bench, letting Colress get you at least five cards.

-3 Cheren
-1 Gold Potion
-1 Rare Candy
-1 Fighting
-1 Swablu

+2 Skyla
+2 Colress
+1 N
+1 Computer Search
+1 Max Potion

I don't know about the cherens, they have helped me a LOT in the games i've played, and it makes the deck feel faster..
I was already thinking about dropping a fighting energy for a N, so i'll do that.
The gold potion is there as a situational item, since sometimes, the fact that i have to discard the energys will completely ruin the offensive nature of this deck.
Computer search is not on my list because I can't seem to get my hands on one, it's expensive and it's rare, if i had it i would build my deck with it for sure.

About the skylas.. i like the card, but with Emolga, Gabite, and the level balls, I don't think i need a way to get a way to search, at least not on this deck.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Max potion doesn't hurt when you only need to attach one energy to do significant damage. Don't attach the second energy until you need to do so. (In fact, I found that I very rarely used Garchomp's second attack.) At least that's how I played it, and I always had another energy to attach.

You make a good point, I'll play with the gold until I get a second Max Potion then :)

In my testing with this deck (In the current format), I've realised 2 things. Consistency is key, and you need Mewtwo. I would suggest:

-1 Swablu-it is really only a donk target and though 4 can be nice, the spot can be used better
-1 Emolga-starting with emolga isn't that likely no matter how many you run, so it's best to just go for it using switch and level ball
-1 Switch-nice to have, but 2 is plenty
-1 Tool Scrapper-Doesn't help to much and you rarely will have it when you need it
-1 Rare Candy-Most of the time you're going to be using Gabite so most of the time this is a dead card
-1 Pokémon Catcher-If you time when you play these, the 4th isn't necessary
-2 Fighting Energy-You don't need that many fightings, you also have 2 Super Rod, so these you will have plenty of
-1 WLFM-3 is enough because a lot of this format is OHKOs, so you will rarely use the second energy

+2 Mewtwo EX-Great to surprise your opponent and get easy prize cards
+1 Juniper-You need more draw! Supporters are great, don't forget it
+1 N-^
+1 Cheren-^^
+1 Ultra Ball-Great to get that T2 Garchomp and search out Mewtwo
+3 DCE-Great for Mewtwo and winning Mewtwo wars

At first I didn't like the changes, but trust me. They will grow on you. Test it out a bunch and see how much it helps. Hope I was of use :)

Back