Game of the Year 2010

Choose the PB game of the Year!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElectricPokemonMaster

Lolz :3
Game of the Year 2010
Pokebeach Forms

What do you think was the best game that came out this year? Submit your choice (any system, but it had to come out this year) and why you think so (if no why is provided I will ignore the post). (Bold the name of the game so I can count them up faster.) January 1st I will find the top ten games with the most posts about them and I will post a poll in this thread that will end January 31st. Then a final post will be made to announce the winner and its details. If you want to change your game that you submitted you must use the form provided. No trash talking other games. :p (you cannot post/ submit you choice more than once) If there is less them 25 submissions there will not be a vote.​

Edit: dates moved back to allow more through voting again :p

Games Submission:
Game Name:
Why:

Game Submission Change:
Game posted before:
Game changed to:
Why:
Why did you change it?:

May the greatest game win
ElectricPokemonMaster :)

Games Submission:
Game Name: Fallout New Vegas
Why: Fan-boy gonna rant. The game is wonderful; Graphics, Storyline, Content, you name it. It gives you complete freedom to decide what ever you want (Which makes the entire series great as a whole), which appeals to everyone. That's what hinders a lot of games imo; you're forced to do what the developers tell you. The game can be a bit glitchy, but that can be easily ignored if you don't worry about it.

Game Submission:Fallout:New Vegas(This game is awesome)
Why: Vast character customization, great challenges,add-ons are sure to be good,great weapon variety too.

Games Submission:
Game Name: Bioshock 2
Why: 2K has not only delivered to us an Adventure of a FPS/RPG, but they have given us a grand story in which to tell others. The game delivers you from one heart-pounding moment to another with flawless execution, but it allows you to wield the power of a tragic hero in which the world has never seen the like: A Big Daddy, protectors of fate-stricken little girls transformed into vampiric vessels for human subsistence. If that's not enough to satisfy you, it has a standard Multiplayer with unique game modes and a deeper insight into the fallen underwater city known as Rapture.

U like?

It really saddens me deeply that you would neglect this:
Game:Sonic Colors
Why:It is quite interesting and very well recommended.So far the best holiday gift I own.It develops upon what Unleashed did 85% to 100%.Not to many gimmicks to be found,unless one included the Wisp as gimmicks?Overall it shall reel you in for more and more.

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Why: Probably the best KH since the original, BBS features an amazingly improved battle system, an amazing soundtrack, really good graphics, and one of the best stories in the entire series (if not the best; only 358/2 Days can compare in the story department). And unlike most of the entries in the series, this one actually answers a bunch of questions. So...yeah.

Game Name: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Why: Fantastically brilliant soundtrack, beautiful graphics, maximum innovation, perfect platforming. Win on all areas. Also long. So very, very long. But absolute fun for all those hours.

Other than that, I'd say Super Meat Boy, Red Dead Redemption and New Vegas. :D

Game Name:Super Mario Galaxy 2
Why: Great gameplay, beautiful for graphics, improves on all the things the first game struggled with, flawless controls, addicting platformer,Yoshi=Win and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about throughout the entire game.

Games Submission:
Game Name: Call of Duty Black Ops
Why: It is the greatest FPS shooter of all time. It has an intense, original campaign with a lot of variety. It has zombies, which is a unique game play mode that no other franchise has. The best part about the game is the online multiplayer. There is tons of customization for almost everything; threre are no completely over-powered weapons; the maps are created perfectly so that camping and boosting are very rare; they have a great variety of weapons to choose from; they have many exciting killstreak rewards; and there are quite a few different game modes.

Game Name: COD: Black Ops
Why: It's the game that everyone's been talking about how long before the release, and after the release, it's STILL all people talk about.

Why: Best game I played this entire year, really good game, and love the levels on the game.

Ethan you never acually played COD: Black Ops. How could you say it is the game of the year without you even playing it?

Game Name: Halo Reach
Why: The best game ever coming from a Halo>CoD fan perspective. It has the best campaign in any Halo game. Multiplayer is so fun. The Forge is a little confusing to get used to, but still fun.

I'm in the minority on this one, but here goes!
Game name: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Why: I'll start with the story. The Professor Layton games have always had great stories, but this one went above and beyond my expectations delivering a story that ties in with the others nicely. It made Professor Layton and Luke relatable characters with sub-story about thier pasts, and such a moving ending I CRIED. The cutscenes are gorgeous, the music is good, and don't get me started with the puzzles. The learning curve is good, and the puzzles require lots of thought, just like all puzzles should. Anyway I know this won't make it to the top ten, but I belive it is a superb game that everyone should try. If you do though, start with The Curious Village. You'll be glad you did.

Merry Christmas!:D

Games Submission:
Why: This game is just an all-around fantastic game, from music, to control, to gameplay. It's an improvement from the first one, is extremely innovative and brings platforming to a whole new level.

Game Name: Deadly premonition
Why: In this game it starts out as normal for it's genre,Supernatural, Crime, Mystery, Horror and Sandbox. However this quickly turns the other cheek quite quickly. This game hasn't got good graphics, the clunkiest gameplay. After a while you get used to it, you could say it's another form of playing, unique. Without wanting to give any spoilers the game reveales it's story very well.

The raincoat killer 's identity, as any disclosed identity should as usual become a shock. It does. However the supernatural events that occur are much to be apart of the story also. The ordinary enemies do tie in with the main story. Just like Silent Hill games in their prime. Deadly Premonition offers the best story since Silent Hill 2.

Many people believe that because of it's faulty graphics, low budget and it's excuse for gameplay that this game isn't even worth considering. However the plot and twists that are to come, this makes it easily one of the best games of the year.

If Silent Hill 2 were to come out this year, it would shatter all competition.
I predict that tough competion will be - Black Ops, New Vegas and maybe MAYBE reach...

Game Name: Super Scribblenauts
Why: I know I'm with the minority (AKA not Mario or FPS) but this is an incredibly worthy title. It is the sequel to one of the most innovative games of the most recent generation of gaming, imo. It is insanely addicting (I finished it after getting it on Christmas... probably played for 10 hours). Even after beating all 10 worlds (and 2 extra ones) you can go back and do the challenges for the levels. The level editor is surprisingly deep and you can make levels on par with the in-game ones. The game is much more polished than the first one with added sound and visuals. And adjectives.... Evil God riding a Rideable Giant Radioactive Angry Longcat Vs. a Dangerous Flaming Supersonic Tiny Defensive Corndog is just amazing. While the technical sound and graphics aren't stupendous compared with most of the other nominations, they are artistically beautiful. And the levels themselves, most of them, are better than the originals. They feel more fulfilling as a whole. Overall, I think Super Scribblenauts is an impressive sequel to an amazing innovative game and is incredibly amusing and just downright hilarious.

biscuitvega: Of course black ops is violent. Its a war game. I wouldnt expect a 12 year old to agree with us older gamers, but it is seriously a good game.
And if I had to guess, your not allowed to play it which is why you say it sucks.

I've learned that people tend to insult things they cannot have or do.

Back