JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
whatever-sassy.gif
Not really. The Blast Boys is exactly right. Both are being used at the moment, so it's an important distinction. The promos are using Cosmos and the new Pokémon ex are using Galaxy.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Wow. Arcanine's design alone in comparison makes all of those other displayed pokémon look like shit

they are
[edit]
okay I didn't see Blastoise and Suicune then

Porygatto

Pixel artist
This is brilliant. I LOVE THEM AAAAAH
I wish regular holos were like these ones but ok I'm cool with that just give me some cool promos hehehe

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Not really. The Blast Boys is exactly right. Both are being used at the moment, so it's an important distinction. The promos are using Cosmos and the new Pokémon ex are using Galaxy.
I've always understood these to be fanmade terms and often confused with one another. It's a strange hill to try and die on unless it can be "objectively" proven that the terms actually come from internal names for the foil.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I'll be that guy and say that most places on the Internet, including TCGPlayer calls this cosmos foil and galaxy is what I considered the bright starry pattern on the original WOTC holos, and the background of the new ex cards

ducks
According to bulbapedia, they are called Starlight Holofoil, there is no "galaxy" holo. Maybe in a galaxy far far away there might be one.

Link:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Good, I can finally start collecting again. Too bad only promos have the cosmos pattern. Wish they had it for regular holos as well.

SilverBorderHoarder

Aspiring Trainer
Just got my Mimikyu ex promos and for a second there I thought they were counterfeit. Colors look washed out. Hopefully these are better though.

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Still no swirl holo effects... I don't think we'll ever see those again unfortunately...

Gibleguy

Aspiring Trainer
They missed with the new ex cards. They all seem to look bad. Why is the holo so abruptly cut at the bottom. What's up with that. It looks pretty cheap
Wait the holo cuts at the bottom? If you look at a number of the new ex cards the pokemon in the art goes under the card, then abruptly cuts at that bottom part. So mimikyu looks randomly much lighter as under the card the art of the mimikyus shadow just abruptly stops. I don't think the holo cuts at the bottom, just the colour.
Look at regular miraidon ex for a really easy to digest example of what I'm on about. The pokemon continues under the card but its toes are cut at the bottom. Same is true for koraidon ex, though the splintering rocks are not cut. I don't get why they chose to do that, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people think.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I'm starving for news, anyone know if we're about to get some new spoilers? Maybe something from whatever japanese set is gonna combine with Triple Beat to form our eventual Paldea Evolved one? (For some reason some people seem to always know when we're about to get these types of stuff, anyone?)

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I'm starving for news, anyone know if we're about to get some new spoilers? Maybe something from whatever japanese set is gonna combine with Triple Beat to form our eventual Paldea Evolved one? (For some reason some people seem to always know when we're about to get these types of stuff, anyone?)
Not sure, but one month from today will be the schedule release for Japan's Clay Burst, Snow Hazard. We can speculate which pokemon might appear on that set.

Also,
"Crown Zenith Tins (available March 17, 2023): Includes five Crown Zenith booster packs and one full art promo card featuring Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos or Galarian Moltres"

If you are near a tcg store or comic store, you can purchase them tomorrow.