Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can now reveal galaxy holofoil is returning to the Scarlet & Violet era! The Arcanine and Dondozo promos from the set’s 3-pack blister will be printed on it.

Arcanine-Promo-1-137x200.jpg

Arcanine-Side-174x200.jpg

Dondozo-Promo-200x161.jpg

Scarlet-Violet-3-Pack-Blister-Arcanine-200x200.jpg

Scarlet-Violet-3-Pack-Blister-Dondozo-200x200.jpg

We haven’t seen galaxy borders since Generation III and IV. They were first introduced on Pokemon ex in 2003’s EX Ruby & Sapphire and last seen in 2007’s EX Power Keepers. The borders then returned briefly in 2011’s Call of Legends.

Arcanine-ex-145x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm currently in the process of exiting this hobby and selling my collection, but it's really nice to see the jump in how nice cards are this coming generation. Galaxy foil borders are so nice to see back. While I'm sitting it out from now on, it's at least nice knowing a lot of things I wanted to see are happening.

promolando

Aspiring Trainer
I. LIKE. PROMOs. 🥹🥹🥹🥹 to think, a charmander promo helped nudge me back into collecting after a 20+ year hiatus. I missed out on promos like this in the past and even ex era cards. I'm absolutely wholeheartedly pleased that this is happening. I could fudging cry yo

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
If we look back at the Alola Collection and Galar Collection, their Starter promos also used their era's holofoil pattern rather than galaxy, so that's the same reason here.

The Greavard not using galaxy is a change however. Guess that's how it's going to be going forward. We should still get 1 more galaxy one with the Jirachi V box....whenever we get that.

GreatEscapeRope

Promo Card Plunderer
Excited for the return of that classic patterning. I'm already glad I chose Scarlet & Violet era to start seriously collecting the English promo cards!