Galarian Ponyta Revealed in Famitsu Magazine, Fairy-Type

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I called it. I CALLED IT! AT 4 AM THIS MORNING I TWEETED TO WPM about this. I even got the rings of energy part right. I GOD DAMN called it.

That being said, Psychic does not fit a unicorn at all....

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
GameFreak - Does 24 hour live stream for Sword and Shield
:)
It's mostly nothing
:(
They reveal only one Pokemon
o_O
it's a version exclusive
:mad:

Wechselbalg

brb
Uhhh how is this not a fairy type.

I was planning to get shield anyway and based on the info we have so far galarian ponyta/rapidash seems to be better on a meta level than sirfetch'd so good call on my part I guess.

Last edited:

Zierant

Murcielago
It’s a female on that screenshot! The livestream had two running around. One with the fluffy tail and another without the tail. Gender difference maybe?

Edit: oh pointed it out lol money is on gender difference!

McKendra9123

Trio Master: Dark, Poison & Fire Trainer
I heard this Ponyta would be a Psychic type. What wasn't clear is if she would be a pure Psychic or dual type. My money is on her being a Fire-Psychic type. But my hope is she is a Fire-Fairy.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Fire-psychic could have fit more. I'm trying to think about how they really could have diverged. Did the original one have no fire and no psychic abilities or did fire stop and psychic start?

I expected fairy, but lately there have been more fairies than psychic types as new Pokémon, so a pure psychic is not bad. Maybe it can still learn fire type moves without being a fire type.

@Water Pokémon Master Can you change the topic's title? https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...vealed-in-famitsu-magazine-fairy-type.150639/ ? It has "fairy type in the header and link", which might confuse people.

ZABOKI .

Aspiring Trainer
No other developer or publisher would get away with this. Could you imagine the fecal storm Activision or Ubisoft would get if they released two versions of Call of Duty Modern Warefare or Far Cry.
pokemon ahs always released 2 games, its not going to change. nobody is mad at them for doing it because they have always done it. also pokemon has trading, which actually somewhat makes 2 versions ok because it encourages trading, which is more enjoyable than just going and catching it. 2 versions also builds hype around the game because people will be dicussing which version to buy. and money. but if the pokemon company is making money, they don't care Coughs* national dex

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I hope Rapidash grows wings or something and becomes Psychic/Flying. Or if they gave it a new evo like they've been doing with Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd, that'd be really cool too. I've always liked cross-gen evolutions.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
No other developer or publisher would get away with this. Could you imagine the fecal storm Activision or Ubisoft would get if they released two versions of Call of Duty Modern Warefare or Far Cry.

I don't know, all those sports games that give annual releases with minor additions that people still buy every single year are pretty much on-par with dual Pokemon releases.