Galarian Ponyta Revealed in Famitsu Magazine, Fairy-Type

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Water Pokémon Master, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019

2. Snowy Lilacs Aspiring Trainer
    Snowy Lilacs

Can't wait to see the Galarian Rapidash....wonder if it will gain some wings, since this version of Ponyta gains a horn?

Was going to get Pokemon Sword, but if this little one is in Shield....Hmmmm

Ev1l likes this.
  3. AdamLambert Aspiring Potato
    AdamLambert

inb4 Galarian Ponyta just evolves into normal Rapidash xD

xTITAN likes this.
  4. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

It would appear that the text does not mention its typing and the label is too blurry to read (It's four characters long and the last symbol is ー, but that's true for both Fairy and Psychic).
    That said, it's safe to say it is Fairy, can't imagine that it's not.

5. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

If only Pokemon Shield had the Great Grey Wolf Sif.

trehcedasil and fleshrum like this.
  6. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Fairy Veil (Pastel Veil, but it wasn't the official ability) is Meh. Just use Refresh, Heal Bell, or if your ally has a Natural Cure on it, just use Natural Cure.

7. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

RIP Ghost-type Galarian Chatot, and Fairy/Ghost Ponyta

8. TheRealBro.. Venusaur used FlowerPower; his chillness rose 300%
    TheRealBro..

Well look at it haha. It’s going to be fairy type thats for sure. I was actually hoping for a fairy fire type but I guess thats just wishful thinking.

I do however very much like that they keep the ‘new take on outdated gen 1 Pokemon’ going although pure fairy typing wouldnt give it much hope competitively.. ah and the design is pretty ok. Reminds me a bit too much about what they did with vulpix though.

OVERGRO likes this.
  9. AlphaTheKineticGuardian Aspiring Trainer
    AlphaTheKineticGuardian

Perhaps, though Natural Cure forces you to switch out to activate while this is passive and Refresh etc. takes a turn to use (granted, they do remove other status such as paralysis and sleep to be fair).
    In all honesty, I can see this ability being used on wall/stall strategies to protect teammates that are otherwise vulnerable to Toxic (take Chansey for example).

10. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

SO weird how it's Psychic type, Fairy seemed like such an obvious choice but WHATEVER

Coolpilot likes this.
  11. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Coolpilot and TheRealBro.. like this.
  12. His Goominess sue me
    His Goominess

I'm actually really liking Galarian Ponyta, although I do have to admit that I was certain it'd be Fairy that it kind of surprised me when it was confirmed Psychic, although I'm not unhappy about it. I guess there's always the possibility of it evolving into a Psychic/Fairy Galarian Rapidash.

Ephemera likes this.
  13. TheRealBro.. Venusaur used FlowerPower; his chillness rose 300%
    TheRealBro..

Really weird. Especially with that fairy’ish ability. Well competitively it doesn’t matter much. It will be ruined by steel types, also because its stats will again be mediocre.

Let’s hope then Rapidash is an interesting double type altough fire seems impossible now given that galarian Ponyta lost this type.

Coolpilot likes this.
  14. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Not being Fire/Fairy is so disappointing. You guys had a fire horse who evolves into fire unicorn already, and unicorns are considered part of the fairy folklore, and we don't have a Fire/Fairy-type Pokemon in this series yet, but sure, make an alt form of said fire horse that is the most mundane type possible. Ugh.

Coolpilot and Snowy Lilacs like this.
  15. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Nah. Burn and Paralysis exists. Some people still carry Will O' Wisp to cripple physical atkrs and Thunder Wave to cripple fast Pokemon. Pastel Veil should shrug off all Status Conditions not just Poison. All we need is a Good HA.
    Do we need another Saanaito? Do we need another Tapu Lele?

16. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

Or psychic/flying if there's wings on rapidash.

17. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

18. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Can we just call it "Rarity" for short?

Orias likes this.
  19. Wavestripe Med Student
    Wavestripe

I think sweetie bell is more appropriate ;b

20. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Fair enough, she does have the pink doesn't she...

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Vracken, Yakkov