Galarian Articuno V, Galarian Zapdos V, and Galarian Moltres V from 'Matchless Fighters!'

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Wait, is that Zapdos for real? A OHKO against Eternatus for a single F?
Holy ****, that Zapdos is an amazing tech O.O
That zapdos is busted. I'm glad that eternatus has a real counter that isn't hammers
Remember, this might not be the actual effect, as mentioned in the article :)
Some parts are too small to read, so these translations may not be completely accurate. We need larger images before the translations can be finalized.

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
if the translation is correct, then Zapdos is an awesome tech! It can easily OHKO Crobat V and Eternatus VMAX and its pretty suitable in Fighting or Aurora energy decks

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • G. Articuno V - what's the point of this thing? Discard 2 to draw 1 sounds trash. It must be discard 2 to draw 3. Qell, I have Compound Eyes so the translation of the image is 90% accurate. Well, still trash. 2
  • G.Zapdos V - this might be the ultimate counter to Eternatus. This must be a 1-of card on let's say Zacian ADP or Zacian with Bronzong variant. They can run Aurora on those decks and things like Zapdos are welcome to this. 5 Geodudes
  • G.Moltres V - bland ability for a bland attack, unless there might be some usable combos. 3 Geodudes
  • SS Urshifu - Spikemuth. Good T1 that thing. 3-4
  • RS Urshifu - more expensive version of Falinks. Even though Falinks does 120, at least its payable with RSE. 3-4
  • Cinderace VMAX - Cinderace ain't RS, so the atk is expensive to pay t1. 3-4
  • Rillaboom VMAX - Seems Legit. 3-4

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Articuno can be good in some decks that need cards in the discard pile or to minimize your hand.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Articuno can be good in some decks that need cards in the discard pile or to minimize your hand.
Why this when Duskull does the same job but better? Duskull might be a 40 HP single-prized Pokémon, but it lets you discard 3 cards from your hand.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Zapdos can kill Dedenne and Dark types with just one Energy,Moltres can be used with Weavile GX if it didn't rotate,Articuno is uhh...basically a Cincinno but worse.

The art is awesome tbh.

Nyora

A Cat
just like bellelba & brycen-man, Galarian Zapdos V is actually garbage? Why you ask? Well, it's a counter to eternatus, so it'll get banned before it ever sees play in standard.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Not getting excited about the Zapdos until the translation is confirmed. Until then, I'm assuming that it's actually "If your opponent has any Pokemon V in play, this Pokemon's attacks cost [C] less."

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
OMG ALL THESE CARDS ARE AMAZING!!!

Zapdos seems super busted. A good portion of the time you'll be attacking for one energy.

But can we talk about how good that Single Strike Urshifu is! This is an amazing single prize deck that has perfect synergy with Houndoom. Being able to hit 220-240 per turn. I like this SS Urshifu better than the VMAX version.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
I mean yeah, the Zapdos is good and all, but are they really all illustrated by 5ban Graphics? They lose points for that alone.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Articuno is a whole lot better than people are giving it credit for. Remember the Mustard Stance cards that require you to have 0 cards in hand other than them? Well, Articuno just opened up a whole world of possibilities for those turn 1 plays. Also, the draw 1 is pretty nice because you can Primate Wisdom something to be drawn with the ability. I’m most hyped about building turn 1 Stance decks with these new additions.

Also, you want the cards to be balanced enough in Expanded. Discarding cards is nothing with Propagation in format so drawing more than 1 would’ve been really too much.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I mean yeah, the Zapdos is good and all, but are they really all illustrated by 5ban Graphics? They lose points for that alone.
Tbh these 5ban artworks aren't that bad compared to the SM era cards. Plus it has been a while, they deserve to make art for Pokemon still :)