'Galar Sidekicks Premium Collection' Announced!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
This is a pretty nice collection. not gonna lie! 11 packs is a bit of a weird number, but the selection's pretty solid, what with Evolutions becoming more sought after by collectors. Nice selection of extras too, and there's nothing wrong with three guaranteed V's! And with that, I'll zoom on outta here before everyone starts whining about Evolutions, as usual...

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This is a pretty nice collection. not gonna lie! 11 packs is a bit of a weird number, but the selection's pretty solid, what with Evolutions becoming more sought after by collectors. Nice selection of extras too, and there's nothing wrong with three guaranteed V's! And with that, I'll zoom on outta here before everyone starts whining about Evolutions, as usual...
I'm done at this point. It's clear they'll keep printing Evolutions for the life of the TCG, or at least until we get another Base-set throwback. I'll just -1 or -2 the number of packs in any collection when considering value from now on.

As such, this is rather expensive for 9 packs and 3 "okay" V.

ApricornNut

I'm done at this point. It's clear they'll keep printing Evolutions for the life of the TCG, or at least until we get another Base-set throwback.
Well... at least Evolutions is a set that's been gaining popularity lately and is actually hard to get right now! Which is more than I can say for STEAM SIEGE, unfortunately... THAT I am disappointed with.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Well... at least Evolutions is a set that's been gaining popularity lately and is actually hard to get right now! Which is more than I can say for STEAM SIEGE, unfortunately... THAT I am disappointed with.
Yeah, I can't explain that one. Maybe that's why they chose a weird number like 11.

EDIT: Though it also has SM base and Crimson Invasion..... Yeah, this is a terrible selection lol

ApricornNut

Yeah, I can't explain that one. Maybe that's why they chose a weird number like 11.

EDIT: Though it also has SM base and Crimson Invasion.... Yeah, this is a terrible selection lol
Thank goodness I'm just a collector and not a competitive player, otherwise I'd be more angry about the selection! But from a collector's viewpoint, I can work with the selection presented here!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Thank goodness I'm just a collector and not a competitive player, otherwise I'd be more angry about the selection! But from a collector's viewpoint, I can work with the selection presented here!
Ehh, you're much more optimistic about it than I am I guess. I'm a collector and Steam Siege/SM Base/Burning Shadows/Crimson Invasion really don't do anything for me anymore. I already have most of Siege and the other two I just don't care enough about to want to open anymore. I'd much rather just go for singles with those. Burning Shadows ain't great either unless you're lucky enough to get a RR Zard, which is pretty damn unlikely.

Like, I still don't think this product is bad per se, I think it's... Alright, but I think packs themselves need kind of a reform before most products are worth it unless you get them on sale. Like, at least Shining Legends tier pull rates or something, with sets being so huge and there being so many Ultra Rares nowadays. It'd make both packs and products just a bit more worthwhile to the consumer. Maybe that's a controversial opinion and I've been spoiled by Hidden Fates, I dunno.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It's clear they'll keep printing Evolutions for the life of the TCG, or at least until we get another Base-set throwback. I'll just -1 or -2 the number of packs in any collection when considering value from now on.
I thought this comment was from 3 months ago, until I looked at the date.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Nothing fills me with more blissful, untouched, pure joy than an overpriced tcg collection with the holy grail that is Steam Siege booster packs

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Some right crybabies in the comments tonight... you’re aware the XY Evo booster is worth half the value of this box now right?
Are you basing this off the MSRP of the box or how much this is actually worth over resale? Because I'm seeing literally nowhere that an Evolutions pack is somehow worth $30 now.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Evolutions will forever be trash, change my mind (without saying charizard)
Let's see...

-The reverse holos are a really cool set of cards to get, creating a new type of version for a lot of these already established cards. Helps that the mirror HGSS-style foiling of it looks very solid to complement the old Generation 1 artwork.

-The foils themselves are an excellent recreation of the WOTC era holofoil.

-The Full Arts are quite nice. Venusaur and Blastoise's Megas, Mewtwo, all of them are quite solid.

-The trainer full arts, as @TokenDuelist said.

-The secret rares, while not rare or valuable, are cool throwbacks.

-It's a set that's fun for collectors, which is nice.

-And, while this is subjective, I think one of the merits of it is that it, when available, gives fans a way to experience those old Generation 1 cards either for the first time ever or after so many years. A lot of people wanted to relive that old magic of opening the original Pokemon cards, so this set provided as close to that as possible while still somewhat being affordable, at the time. Now of course, resale value is up the wazoo, but nonetheless.

I'm not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too (and they can bypass Kadabra, it's been done before). It'd have been nice if the RA's of the starters were their own unique arts, and it was included into enough stuff where people did get sick of it, understandably. But I don't think it's a "trash" set. It has its merit to it, and I wouldn't be opposed to another set like this-say, for the Neo cards or something. I understand why people don't enjoy it, and that's fine, but I'm just giving my input.

ApricornNut

Let's see...

-The reverse holos are a really cool set of cards to get, creating a new type of version for a lot of these already established cards. Helps that the mirror HGSS-style foiling of it looks very solid to complement the old Generation 1 artwork.

-The foils themselves are an excellent recreation of the WOTC era holofoil.

-The Full Arts are quite nice. Venusaur and Blastoise's Megas, Mewtwo, all of them are quite solid.

-The trainer full arts, as @TokenDuelist said.

-The secret rares, while not rare or valuable, are cool throwbacks.

-It's a set that's fun for collectors, which is nice.

-And, while this is subjective, I think one of the merits of it is that it, when available, gives fans a way to experience those old Generation 1 cards either for the first time ever or after so many years. A lot of people wanted to relive that old magic of opening the original Pokemon cards, so this set provided as close to that as possible while still somewhat being affordable, at the time. Now of course, resale value is up the wazoo, but nonetheless.

I'm not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too (and they can bypass Kadabra, it's been done before). It'd have been nice if the RA's of the starters were their own unique arts, and it was included into enough stuff where people did get sick of it, understandably. But I don't think it's a "trash" set. It has its merit to it, and I wouldn't be opposed to another set like this-say, for the Neo cards or something. I understand why people don't enjoy it, and that's fine, but I'm just giving my input.
THANK YOU, ASHCO. Evolutions really doesn't get enough credit! I happened to pull the FA Brock's Grit, and it's still one of my favorite FAs ever, with it's art and texturing patterns! There is nothing inherently wrong with the set at all!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Some right crybabies in the comments tonight... you’re aware the XY Evo booster is worth half the value of this box now right?
I see you're a YouTuber. Here's a bit of advice: telling the very people you wish to visit your channel that they're crybabies is not a good way to get a bigger audience.