'Galar Sidekicks Premium Collection' Announced!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

Hopefully, it will be out on 27th November, maybe Chaos Cards might have that box, surely I would buy one.

2. TokenDuelist YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
    TokenDuelist

It wouldn't be so high price if people who weren't actually players/active fans didn't get zombified by Logan Paul.

I like Evolutions but boy let's not act like it had a lot of value until the current unfortunate state of affairs that affects those of us who actually like Pokemon.

Shinxed3, JayMankey and AshCo like this.
  3. Mikey Trippz Aspiring Trainer
    Mikey Trippz

LOL ....well dude they have already have that in the upcoming Starter Set VMAX Venusaur & Starter Set VMAX Blastoise its the previous box revealed on pokeguardian.com but I guess your not up to date on things

4. AshCo Ouchies!
    AshCo

...What part of what I said are you even responding to???

5. Mikey Trippz Aspiring Trainer
    Mikey Trippz

"'m not saying it's a perfect set, there's plenty of things that it could have done that would have made it better. Venusaur and Blastoise's holos should have been included, Alakazam would have been nice too" <--but its fine man I'm just playing around just thought it was funny:rolleyes:

6. AshCo Ouchies!
    AshCo

When I mentioned those I meant Base Venusaur and Base Blastoise. Those two and Alakazam are the three Holos that didn’t get reprinted from Base Set into Evolutions, which is why I said it was something I didn’t like about the set. The VMAXes have nothing to do with that set, so I just wasn’t sure what that had to do with anything.

7. CardPone Delta Species is best species
    CardPone

It's because of Jake Paul. From what I heard he opened some Base Set booster packs and since everyone wants Charizard, but no one can afford any of the old ones with that art, the Evolutions one is the next best thing. Except now Evolutions Charizard is starting become just as expensive.

JayMankey likes this.
  8. LexGoyle Aspiring Trainer
    LexGoyle

You know it's interesting seeing constant complaining about older packs being included in collections like this. I mean there are a lot of folks new to the hobby let alone ones who do not play this game professionally to the point where they play by solely by the current rotations. In spite of hearing complaints about Evolutions for the 2 years I've been collecting they too have proven to not be immune to the effect of Charizard overhype.

While I'm not going to label anyone a "crybaby" over it I'm just encouraging folks to keep in mind that there's been an influx of newcomers to the hobby and includes people like myself who do like older cards. Unless I want to pay a collector a premium for packs you can't find at retail these collections provide a nice way to get them. Don't even get me started on the singles market. No one seems to know how to grade cards while the pass them off as "near mint" and reverse holos clearly rarely ever get the pack to sleeve treatment. Sad really.

9. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

[​IMG]
    I wish the other price timelines went further back as well (this one's Amazon), but you can clearly see these boxes have risen up in price before Oct 10th. Logan has simply sped up this process and affected the price of all Pokemon cards (even Vivid Voltage, for some unholy reason).
    Evolution has risen up in price because it's simply fun and nostalgic to open. Despite the cries that it's overprinted, the stock kept being chewed on not because the Charizard was particularly expensive, but because part of the value was opening the packs themselves. Really, the only reason it hasn't done so earlier was this conception that there's plenty of them.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?