G-Max Moves, Kubfu Details, Early-Purchase Bonus Revealed for Sword & Shield Expansion Passes!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
A Leon outfit?! Finally, we can all dress like the worst-designed Pokemon character! Hooray for us all.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm not sure how to feel about this. It's new content, which is certainly welcome; but at the same time, it's content that I feel should've been in the games to begin with.

I'll probably only get the Expansion Pass for Sword, as that's my main Gen VIII or Galar game. Buying the passes again for my seldom used copy of Shield (which I only got for Living Pokedex purposes) just seems superfluous.

Hope the new backgrounds, poses and such will make card making a lot more exciting.

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
A Leon outfit? Seems we can dress like a Pokemon character. I have no strong feelings one way or the other but it's something new for us all.

TheRealBro..

A Leon outfit?! Finally, we can all dress like the worst-designed Pokemon character!

Yes he is.. Yes he is. Nothing more to say about that.

And when he loses in the end he says something like ''ah well, it was fun being a champion while it lasted. Congratz. '' Come on Gamefreak. Taking away a real rival was one thing but turning the champion into a childish joke?

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
im not a hater of these games, but gee wizz could you not make rillabooms nose and drums just a little more high res?

ShinySylveon

Aspiring Trainer
Yes he is.. Yes he is. Nothing more to say about that.

And when he loses in the end he says something like ''ah well, it was fun being a champion while it lasted. Congratz. '' Come on Gamefreak. Taking away a real rival was one thing but turning the champion into a childish joke?

Eh, there's a lot of things to complain about in SwSh, but imo this isn't one of them. I think it shows a lot of maturity to admit you've been bested, and to enjoy seeing someone else rise to the top.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if you’ll be able to gmax the starters you didnt pick and/or duplicates of the one you chose.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I wonder if you’ll be able to gmax the starters you didnt pick and/or duplicates of the one you chose.

Probably. All you'd need to do would show your starter, and they might make it able to Gigantamax.

But, probably the three Galar starters Gigantamax forms will have a special in-game event, like they're doing currently with Pokemon like Gengar and Charizard.

TheRealBro..

Judging from how he does it I'm pretty sure he was about to rage out but felt he instead keeps his dignity. I have to do the same thing when I lose[/QUOTE

Yes, but you are not a Pokemon character, are you. It is a dull written character. You're free to disagree but I do think it is pretty obvious.