funny league/tournament stories.

My favourite is the Belted Claydol (who was not finding my ANYTHING I needed in a Toxicroak AR build) took down Ursaring PRIME.

@ P0KEVORTEX- The Uxie thing is the exact same thing with me!

Anyways, this isn't really a funny story, but it was just PURE luck.
We had a local unlimited tourny, and my friend was playing sabelock, while his opponent was playing a (DP-on i think) legend deck. My friend had a sabelye up and played his turn. Well anyways, Alex (the opponent), had a staryu (w/ a 1 retreat cost) up and went second.
Alex's hand (after drawing his card) was something like this :
Top half of Lugia Legend
Bottom half of Lugia Legend
Top half of Raikou Suicune Legend
Lightning Energy
and 4 T/S I forget what they were.
Alex plays Lugia, uses its power....1 Fire energy...1 Lightning Energy....1 WATER ENERGY!!!...and 2 cards to discard. Pretty much retreats Staryu with the one Lightning energy in his hand, and Lugia FTW.
I was cracking up.

Another thing with me was that I managed to trade a couple of cards that had been rotated plus a couple of useless SV rares for a Lugia Legend (bottom) and a Shiny Shinx!

Well i had my tangrowth as the active pokemon and my oppoent had spiritomb active and shiftry on the bench with no other bench pokemon. I used seeker to get shiftry in to his hand and then i knocked out spiritomb for the game.

Not very funny, but:

I was playing Luxchomp against a Gyarados. I knock out a Magikarp T1, but the get set-up entirely the next turn. I can't seem to get any prizes, and Its 5-2 on prizes. I Cyrus for a Twins, Poketurn, and {L}. He KOs my Lucario, and I Twins for ERL full, bench it, attach and {L}, Galatic switch an energy from GCX to ERL, Poketurn the Bronzong, and Thunder Fall for 5 Prizes, FTW! (2 Uxie and Mesprit, and an Azelf).

I was playing a guy using a Lostgar deck. Anyway, at the very end of the game, he had Gengar Prime active, and he screamed "HURL INTO DARKNESS" at the top of his lungs (like he did everytime). Unfortunately for him, I had no Pokemon in my hand, so the attack failed...my turn began, and in response I yelled "DRAGON RUSH" at the top of lungs to win the game :)

Cities was next week, so this kid comes up to me and FD09 and is like "Hey can I get some help on my deck" and we're like "Sure, what are you playing?" "Uh...a water deck"

Never gets old.

Oh yea, there was this kid that asked me "Hey are you playing Luxray?" and I said "You mean Luxchomp?" and he said "Whatever, I call it Luxray" and I said "But Garchomp is also an important part of the deck." So he got kinda upset and walked away.

Yesterday at states I saw a reverse double rainbow in his binder and I said OH MY GOSH DOUBLE RAINBOW! Then he said ITS ALL THE WAY ARCROSS TTHE SKY! And we kept on copying the double rainbow guy for about 2-4 minutes before we finished a trade we were doing.

Yesterday at States, i saw the vendor guy there sell like 4 really bad level X's for like $75, I recall seeing Empoleon lvx, Infernape 4 Lvx and Palkia G lvx It was more sad than funny

A couple of friends were trying to get me to buy some Majestic Dawn packs, since they all knew I was an Eeveelution obsessionist. I abstained from such foolery; pulling a LV.X from a loose MD pack is near impossible for me.

Then a friend bought 3 Majestic Dawn packs, pulled Leafeon LV.X, and made me cry. Not literally, just figuratively. > : (

---

I posted this in the "Pulled something cool" thread, but felt that it requires a spot in this thread too.

A friend in juniors won 3 packs from our local tourney. I told him that if he chose Supreme Victors, I'd help him pull a LV.X. I said it jokingly, because I wasn't exactly willing to hang my head in shame if I don't pull a LV.X...

He actually chooses 3x Supreme Victors packs! He actually let me open 1 pack! A strange feeling creeps over me, as though the Pokemon Gods have granted me the power to pull mighty Pokemon...and I pull Charizard G LV.X. Haha @ Everyone; I told them I was almighty with Supreme Victors. : )

---

I heard this from a friend, but a friend he was playing against tried to use Smeargle to Darkness Grace. o_O

My fellow league leader and I agreed to cut my REALLY long hair off if he won florida states...well...he won!

but the jokes on him, he's gotta buy my new clothes too!

Last night my friends and I were having a tournament for a prize of things we pooled. I didn't end up winning, but I did second best, and I did pool a Machamp X, and my friend who won is a nice guy, so he gave me the unopened pack of LA that was in the pool.
I pulled a reverse Mesprit.
Awe yiss.

Also, at states, somebody *ahem*toasterstrudelfrenzy*ahem* was beating that same friend, and was trying to get a kill with Bronzong G on their last turn, he didn't get it. After the game he checked to see how far away the energy he needed was, and it was like a card away, so he says "Damn it!" and gets a warning for swearing. The same kid lost to my other friend in top 2 at states last year because of warnings.

Jones: that's ridiculous. That said I've been seeing a lot of questionable stuff too. I have a feeling I'm going to start a giant flamewar if I talk about it though, it's a pretty serious accusation. It's painfully obvious, but pokemon players, IQ over 40, etc. >_>

I just remembered something from states a few days ago. Some lady was playing luxchomp and she kept complaining that her luxchomp deck was not fast enough XD (She actaully scooped during one game.)

LuxChomp vs. Flygon.
My lone Luxray GL vs. his lone Trapinch.
Before we start, he shows me that he has DCE + Expert Belt in his hand (meaning I lose if I go first)
Fortunately I didn't go first. Man, that would've been humiliating. >_<

These aren't funny stories, these are stupid game scenarios. When this was posted, we wanted to hear what you do that wasn't part of the actual games. Rather, we wanted to hear what other crazy things you have done at league. A huge factor of this game is the fun you have with the people while you aren't playing. States would not have been nearly as fun for me if me and my friend hadn't gone to the Chuck E. Cheese next door after round six to look for tokens on the ground and play while top cut was going on. Since when is almost getting donked, but not actually getting donked funny? You have one awful sense of humor if you think it is. If you want a good example of a story, go read Dmaster's post about Betty.

On a lighter note, here is a funny states story:
It is my friend Bryan and a guy named Evan in top 2. Since the judges aren't total jerks in Tennessee, they let us sit in the open spots next to the players and watch. My friend Bryan attached to his Onix and used harden. When his turn was over, he stood up to stretch, so I pointed at his junk and and yelled "HE REALLY DID USE HARDEN!" Everybody in the room started cracking up, including the TO. I'm thinking about putting Onix on a playmat and putting that quote in a text bubble coming from off the playmat.

@StealthAngel667 I've been the guy with the Trapinch in those scenarios and I actually won 2 games at my Cities thanks to it!

Back