Fun Friday #3: Shinies

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
nSuirik.png

Welcome to Fun Friday
This is a weekly discussion topic where we talk about miscellaneous topics relating to the Pokemon video games.

This week, we'll be talking about shinies. Why do you hunt shinies? What makes them special to you? Please comment with your own ideas and respond to other members' ideas. We're all here to have fun!

How I hunt for shinies is still via Horde encounters. Haven't had a lot of luck with chaining, since I tend to go too fast and break my chain.

Only problem is how long it can take to find a shiny via Hordes...

I've had a lot of luck with finding shinies both in Hordes and through the Friend Safari. In fact, I've had an easier time finding shinies in Hordes than HAs of some of the rarer Horde Pokemon, that's how common they are for me.

I've never really actively hunted for shinies, I just happen to come across them by random encounter. I do like some of the color patterns though (especially the ones that have green or gold color schemes, as I like those colors).

I don't hunt for shinies and I hate it when people say that shiny hunting in XYORAS is too easy and makes it a hollow victory. >_> It's STILL more than 1 in 4000 chance and I still have yet to find any shiny mon in ORAS.

There is no real reason for me to hunt shinies other than the pure joy and surprise when a shiny Pokemon hatches from the 897 eggs I bred in masuda method.
The next best thing is finding out the shiny you just got is actually competitive with perfect IV's.

Back