Full Metal Wall in February

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AshCo Payne-ful
    AshCo

Overpowered?? I know that I am not credible at all with the game, I'm going to have to say it's far from overpowered compared to other decks that have come out now or prior. Unless someone who knows what they're doing can prove me wrong, of course.

And no, they don't want us to "love" only ultra beasts and just make this a game for only them. It's the same deal as 2013. They made an engine for Plasma, a relevant thing in that generation and they're building upon it sets during that generation. It's lasting longer than Plasma, yes, but it still applies. Ultra beasts are relevant to gen 7 so they're going to do something with them. And honestly, good on them for making them more unique than regular GXs. They very well could have just made ultra beasts normal regular GX cards and not have a cool engine built upon them creating fresh new viable decks in the format a lot of the time. I mean hey, the more the merrier right?

Alex Sableye likes this.

2. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I still and firmly believe that taking all 6 prizes within two turns is broken.
    I don’t know, how many UB support and UB cards have they created? Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma, even the free retreat Pheromosa is featured in these other decks. I know that they don’t really want to force us into UB oppression, but it’s coming around to look that way.
    Come to think about it, they did want us to love Plasma, didn’t they? And yes, they are relevant, but they always seem to be busted in some form or another.
    And yes, that last statement is 100% true too. BUT, I really don’t like UB’s coming in and wrecking every normal Pokémon I know and love.

3. SubApathy Team Rocket
    SubApathy

In the right hands, this could card can do some damage...

4. Midnight Aspiring Trainer
    Midnight

Its sad that blastoise didnt get tag team card i would like to see him with manaphy or kyogre

5. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

I like Ultra Beasts tho...btw come to think of it, this could also be played with promo Lurantis. (For the short amount of time they will both be legal in Standard.) You thought Jet Punch on Buzzwole was good? Watch this...

TheAquaPiplup and Lord Goomy like this.
  6. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

For all the complaining about accelerating grass energy: Only one energy needs to be grass. The other seven can be anything. You could use 3 DCEs, even (not that you can really accelerate those). Malamar, Aqua Patch, whatever, all can accelerate energy onto this.

7. SubApathy Team Rocket
    SubApathy

Aqua Patch only works for Water pokemon. The fastest would probably be Malamar, Vikavolt and Magnezone.

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  8. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Ah, good point - forgot that it wasn't just water energy. Vikavolt/Magnezone both sound appealing though...

9. GamePhoenix Fellow Mortal
    GamePhoenix

Does anyone know if the GX attack will benefit from Shining Legends Venesaur?

10. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

The Greninja and Charizard are both evolution cards, not sure if that will alter your geodude count or not...

11. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

If you mean, would 4 grass energy plus Jungle Totem meet the requirements? Sure, it doesn't say "energy cards" or anything like that which would suggest that it needs anything other than plain old energy.

GamePhoenix likes this.
  12. TheBossBlastoise I rule the PokeSea
    TheBossBlastoise

Advanced Member Member

The time has come.

13. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

But when Electrode-GX blows itself up it also activates the condition for Beast Ring, so you can still accelerate with that in an indirect way. Then use A9T to grab Beast Rings. Probably not the best method but in theory it works.

14. Cybno Aspiring Trainer
    Cybno

Electrode GX doesn't work on GX's and is a terrible card

15. Robert Fuchs PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
    Robert Fuchs

Beast Bringer on a baby Buzz when opponent's prize card count is 4, is almost an automatic 3 prize cards.

16. Wilmer Kolberg Johansson Aspiring Trainer
    Wilmer Kolberg Johansson

17. bateloche Aspiring Trainer
    bateloche

Advanced Member Member

If I have 6 prizes an KO 2 GX Pokémon with Jet Punch while using Beast Bringer, do I take 5 or 6 prizes?

18. bateloche Aspiring Trainer
    bateloche

Advanced Member Member

No, It only works if you have 6 prizes

19. Ramo0927 I am a
    Ramo0927

For the new Buzzwole card, couldn't you use Marshadow as the attacker instead? I mean, yeah it has 150hp and it's still gonna die to Blacephalon with 3 energy but at least your opponent is only taking 2 prizes in the process..? It could also block Baby Sceptiles ability because it's not an Ultra Beast, but since it's not a UB you're removing a lot of UB support cards like Beast Ring and Beast Energy, which is kinda ow. Oh well, at least you'll have Diancie Prism Star.

...Remember when we all said Blacephalon GX was not a good card? Ah, good times.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  20. KK-Swizzle Aspiring Trainer
    KK-Swizzle

Advanced Member Member

This card is really good. You can tank and use the first 2 attacks to set up the gx, which is still good even without the extra bonus prizes. First thought is to pair it with vikavolt to get the second attack rolling in turn 2 and actually have a chance at the 8 energy bonus

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?