Full Metal Wall in February

Scoop

Literally a sheep
What the crap, this is making me want to quit. But I won’t. I still haven’t reached 1,000 Goomy yet. Seriously, we already have Beast Ring, Beast Energy, now this overpowered beast piece of crap, why? Why do they want us to love ultra beasts? Why?

Overpowered?? I know that I am not credible at all with the game, I'm going to have to say it's far from overpowered compared to other decks that have come out now or prior. Unless someone who knows what they're doing can prove me wrong, of course.

And no, they don't want us to "love" only ultra beasts and just make this a game for only them. It's the same deal as 2013. They made an engine for Plasma, a relevant thing in that generation and they're building upon it sets during that generation. It's lasting longer than Plasma, yes, but it still applies. Ultra beasts are relevant to gen 7 so they're going to do something with them. And honestly, good on them for making them more unique than regular GXs. They very well could have just made ultra beasts normal regular GX cards and not have a cool engine built upon them creating fresh new viable decks in the format a lot of the time. I mean hey, the more the merrier right?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Overpowered?? I know that I am not credible at all with the game, I'm going to have to say it's far from overpowered compared to other decks that have come out now or prior. Unless someone who knows what they're doing can prove me wrong, of course.

And no, they don't want us to "love" only ultra beasts and just make this a game for only them. It's the same deal as 2013. They made an engine for Plasma, a relevant thing in that generation and they're building upon it sets during that generation. It's lasting longer than Plasma, yes, but it still applies. Ultra beasts are relevant to gen 7 so they're going to do something with them. And honestly, good on them for making them more unique than regular GXs. They very well could have just made ultra beasts normal regular GX cards and not have a cool engine built upon them creating fresh new viable decks in the format a lot of the time. I mean hey, the more the merrier right?
I still and firmly believe that taking all 6 prizes within two turns is broken.
I don’t know, how many UB support and UB cards have they created? Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma, even the free retreat Pheromosa is featured in these other decks. I know that they don’t really want to force us into UB oppression, but it’s coming around to look that way.
Come to think about it, they did want us to love Plasma, didn’t they? And yes, they are relevant, but they always seem to be busted in some form or another.
And yes, that last statement is 100% true too. BUT, I really don’t like UB’s coming in and wrecking every normal Pokémon I know and love.

Wechselbalg

brb
I like Ultra Beasts tho...btw come to think of it, this could also be played with promo Lurantis. (For the short amount of time they will both be legal in Standard.) You thought Jet Punch on Buzzwole was good? Watch this...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
For all the complaining about accelerating grass energy: Only one energy needs to be grass. The other seven can be anything. You could use 3 DCEs, even (not that you can really accelerate those). Malamar, Aqua Patch, whatever, all can accelerate energy onto this.

SubApathy

Team Rocket
For all the complaining about accelerating grass energy: Only one energy needs to be grass. The other seven can be anything. You could use 3 DCEs, even (not that you can really accelerate those). Malamar, Aqua Patch, whatever, all can accelerate energy onto this.

Aqua Patch only works for Water pokemon. The fastest would probably be Malamar, Vikavolt and Magnezone.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
#HeyNick pls. Don't forget that.
  • Buzzwole x Pheromosa TTGX - Jet Punch all over again, but now, it OHKO a Rockruff, Squirtle, but not a Wooper. It's weak to Blaceph so that's a bad thing, the GX atk can take 6 prizes in one turn, the damage worries me a lot. 50? Really? With weakness is 100, 160 with Choice Band. Guzzlord's GX atk does 130 maximum for 5 D energy to take 2 more prizes, without the application of weakness. For example you take down a damaged MagikWail, that's 3 prizes, if BuzzPhero has 8 energy, you win the game, instantly. But how do we pull it real quick? Venusaur? Maybe. Electrode? Only on non-GX bro. No decent way to accel G atm. For now, 4-5 Geodudes
  • Beast Bringer - good only for T1 or early-game KOs, BuzzPhero needs to KO like a Zoroark to take possibly 6 prizes in 1 turn. It needs to have 6 full prizes to activate, tho. 4 Geodudes
  • Butterfree - insert Butterfree cry 2-3 Geodudes
  • Detective Pikachu - 2-3 Geodudes
  • Charizard-GX - Hits hard but the way to pull 5 energy real quick is painful, risky, and non-essential. 3 Geodudes
  • Greninja-GX - 230 HP on a Basic, 130 for 2, Count me in. This is nuts! 4 Geodudes
The Greninja and Charizard are both evolution cards, not sure if that will alter your geodude count or not...

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the GX attack will benefit from Shining Legends Venesaur?

If you mean, would 4 grass energy plus Jungle Totem meet the requirements? Sure, it doesn't say "energy cards" or anything like that which would suggest that it needs anything other than plain old energy.

Wechselbalg

brb
#HeyNick pls. Don't forget that.
  • Buzzwole x Pheromosa TTGX - Jet Punch all over again, but now, it OHKO a Rockruff, Squirtle, but not a Wooper. It's weak to Blaceph so that's a bad thing, the GX atk can take 6 prizes in one turn, the damage worries me a lot. 50? Really? With weakness is 100, 160 with Choice Band. Guzzlord's GX atk does 130 maximum for 5 D energy to take 2 more prizes, without the application of weakness. For example you take down a damaged MagikWail, that's 3 prizes, if BuzzPhero has 8 energy, you win the game, instantly. But how do we pull it real quick? Venusaur? Maybe. Electrode? Only on non-GX bro. No decent way to accel G atm. For now, 4-5 Geodudes

But when Electrode-GX blows itself up it also activates the condition for Beast Ring, so you can still accelerate with that in an indirect way. Then use A9T to grab Beast Rings. Probably not the best method but in theory it works.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Beast Bringer on a baby Buzz when opponent's prize card count is 4, is almost an automatic 3 prize cards.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This card is really good. You can tank and use the first 2 attacks to set up the gx, which is still good even without the extra bonus prizes. First thought is to pair it with vikavolt to get the second attack rolling in turn 2 and actually have a chance at the 8 energy bonus

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Just a tad disappointed it isn't fighting type

I mean, uh-I like this card. It's fun. Is it as good as regular Buzzwole-GX, especially in Expanded? Probably not, but obvious Lurantis synergy is getting me thinking that this could be pretty fun. But I really don't care, I love Buzzwole and this art is INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to see the Secret Rare version of this.

I used to play Expanded Buzz on PTCGO before I quit the game indefinitely, and I can see the appeal of Beast Bringer, but I feel like I would rather use something like a Muscle Band to get quicker knockouts over that extra prize card. But then again, take that from someone who's horrible at the game and has never played in any competitive environment at all, so who knows-I could be very wrong here.
i also stopped play ptgco indefinitely, but i recently came back at a slower pace, basically i only do 10 knockouts for 60 gold, and only 2 matches because the first 2 are always mystery prizes. doing the whole track takes more than an hour.