#freegarchomp

TDL said:
Having not true counters and good stats do not make a Pokemon broken. If you live by that logic, then I don't want to see you suspect list that probably has Terrakion, Volcarona, Haxorus, and Dragonite on it.

#BANALLTHINGS

If you want a balanced meta you should just be like me and give up on gen V to resurrect DPPt ;)

You can't really make a stand for Garchomp being banned so long as a number of other Pokemon in OU are unbanned-they're all just as broken. Think of it like a mini-ubers; everything is broken so it balances out.

Dark Void said:
TDL said:
Having not true counters and good stats do not make a Pokemon broken. If you live by that logic, then I don't want to see you suspect list that probably has Terrakion, Volcarona, Haxorus, and Dragonite on it.

Think of it like a mini-ubers; everything is broken so it balances out.

I don't know why but I thought this was really funny :p.

Well Garchomp is free now, and my Froslass and Cacturne got killed with it :[ im so upset. they're impossible to use now.

Well yeah, it's definitely not as good. It just sounded like he thought they were completely unusable now.

Although I must admit, when you disable somebody that's holding a choice item, it can potentially switch momentum completely over in your favor. it's pretty cool. But again, yeah, it's a gimmick.

If anything Garchomp helps out hail as a check to Sun and an offensive rock resist. Also, generally Hail teams have an abundance of Ice and Dragon resists, and they won't have much of a problem against Garchomp, so hail welcomes Garchomp into the meta with open arms.

Chillarmy said:
If anything Garchomp helps out hail as a check to Sun and an offensive rock resist. Also, generally Hail teams have an abundance of Ice and Dragon resists, and they won't have much of a problem against Garchomp, so hail welcomes Garchomp into the meta with open arms.

Stop stealing Pride's ideas. :f

Garchomp works well in all weathers, even sand, its previous partner in crime. While under sand, you have a Dragon-type that doesn't take residual damage from your weather. Under rain, Garchomp gains a psuedo-STAB in the form of Aqua Tail as well as helping the sand and sun matchups. Under sun, you're provided with a much needed boost to Fire Fang. In return, Garchomp brings the highly desired Rock-type resistance to the table. Garchomp is just that Pokemon that dgaf about weather. Its bulk and typing allow it to adept to any changes that occur.

On a slightly related note, it truly is a shame that Garchomp and Flygon are the only legal Dragons that have a Rock-type resist. Dragon-type is an amazing defensive typing, but unfortunately many of them carry a heavy weakness to Stealth Rock. Being grounded does suck, however a layer of Spikes with SR is still less than 25% to Garchomp. It's cool that Garchomp is able to define itself outside of its great offensive prowess.

edit: don't use hail for anything besides balanced or stall teams. it's not a weather to abuse lol.

Back