Free Websites?

cataha

:-)
Does anyone know a site where I can make my own free website? Also let me know if it is a trusted site and if you've tried it. Thanks!

You can use Freewebs, however, you don't get a custom name free. It will have a certain prefix after it. If your willing to pay, Siteground is a very good website builder. You get tons of tools available, a free email, customizable domains, 24/7 customer service, and more. Siteground is what I use and I've always had a good experience with it. Any troubles I've had got resolved within a half hour. You can add additional pages too so it can be like www.yoursite.com and www.yoursite.com/forums.

There's generic drag-and-drop-ish things like Freewebs and Wix. But for those who want lots of customization, coding is the way to go. For a free host, try 000webhost.com. Myself and a friend use it. They offer good service without needing too much personal information or silly downtime and a 200-person a day join-limit, like Helio Host. 000 is foreign, so their English is a little off, but as long as you don't go to their affiliates or download Fantastico you'll be fine. I'll have to get back to you on paying for a domain, though. Forgot who I registered with.

EDIT: Active-domain.com. Roughly the same price as DreamHost. I only shied away from that because of the weird management, or at least it seemed weird.

As far as fan sites go, you can really stretch a blog layout to fit your needs. Blogger, Blogspot and WordPress have varying interfaces but are generally used for the same purposes. WordPress will probably give you the closest feel to a website, I think.

Chariblaze said:
There's generic drag-and-drop-ish things like Freewebs and Wix. But for those who want lots of customization, coding is the way to go. For a free host, try 000webhost.com. Myself and a friend use it. They offer good service without needing too much personal information or silly downtime and a 200-person a day join-limit, like Helio Host. 000 is foreign, so their English is a little off, but as long as you don't go to their affiliates or download Fantastico you'll be fine. I'll have to get back to you on paying for a domain, though. Forgot who I registered with.

I agree. Heliohost sucks. Domains only cost 10$ at Dreamhost btw.

Freewebs is actually good they have i think over 300 templates to chose from. Just created one there :D

Freewebs (webs) is definitely a good site to try. I have around 10 sites (not all are finished, though), and I find webs easy to use. The only problem is not being able to have a domain name without paying.... :/

Back