• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fossil Time!!! (Dark Rush)

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
I never played fossils in Base Set, so I wanted to try it out here.

This is also my counter to my Meta, which is Zekrom, EelZone, and Reshiram.

4-4 Carracosta
2-2 Archeops
3 Terrakion
2 Cryogonal w/ Ice Shard (just incase there is a Donphans and Dragons)

T/S/S

4 Cover Fossil
2 Plume Fossil
3 PONT
3 Twist Mountain (Dark Rush)
2 Deffender
1 N
2 Eviolite
1 Super Rod
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Rocky Helmet
2 Professor Juniper

Energy:

8 {W}
4 {F}
4 DCE

Heres the scoop on this idea. Carracosta has the ability Solid Rock, which if I flip heads (which I have a 60/40 chance usually), I can prevent 50 Damage done to him, 70 with a deffender out. Archeops is to prevent Evolution (Eelektrik and Typhlosion).

Carracosta is weak to {G}, which is only really found in 6 Corners, also only on occasion.

Terrakion is there for Zekrom, where Carracosta is for Reshiram.

I am aware that Mewtwo will be rampant once Next Destinies is released. What can I use to counter it?

GiP

-2 Eviolite
-2 Cryogonal
-3 Water
-2 Rocky Helmet
-1 Fighting
-1 DCE
-1 Cover Fossil

+4 Junk Arm
+2 PlusPower
+3 Mew Prime
+3 Rainbow

If you See Off a Carracosta and use Crunch with a PlusPower, it's a OHKO on Mewtwos. (Weakness)
Also, Junk Arm are essential.

(After doing what Keldeo said.)
-1 N
-2 Defender

+ 1 Communication
+2 Sage's Training

If you want any chance of bringing out Archeops, you HAVE to have 4 Plumes and 4 Archens. You can't rely on Twist Mountain alone.

Actually, I think that with 3 or 4 communications, it's just fine. Twist Mountain can't be locked, and it can be played at any time before or after N or PONT, so there's a high chance you'll get it with 3 copies.

Have you considered adding a Jirachi or Two? Once you get Archeops out and get a Jirachi, you'd be able to K.O. almost anything that isn't high HP Basic/EX.

Remember you'll also have Aerodactyl by this point which acts as a permanent PlusPower. If you can get some early Revival off of Twist Mountain with Aerodactyls, and then lock with Archeops, the only thing you'll have to worry about are heavy basics and Pokemon-EX.

Back