Forum Games Resources & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also something I've been wondering about.

Why have them so long? Is it just tradition?
I think that along with what Celever mentioned, it's to allow in lengthy and depthful discussion each day. Unfortunately this benefit is not really well utilised that much anymore.

Athena's game did have 72 hour day phases if I recall correctly, and it worked fine, so maybe 72 hours could work again nicely?

My "Party in Kanto" game did indeed have 72 hour days. At the time, people didn't really seem to like it very much and complained that they felt it made activity lower.

As an aside, it makes me a little sad that there were only three [good] applications submitted.

As an aside, it makes me a little sad that there were only three [good] applications submitted.
There were actually 4 good applications submitted! However, we decided one of the games would be better suited for another time based on a few factors.

We'd like to thank @Ice Espeon and @Vom for all of their hard work in moderating the Forum Games. Unfortunately, they've both recently had to step down from their positions as a result of irl commitments, however they were essential members of the team while they were still working here. We'll miss you guys! <3

I know this might be a little off-topic from the game, but I'm planning on making a submission to the upcoming hosting applications. If you want to host with me, or need a co-host, PM me your ideas, and we can try to collaborate.

Moved from the WWXXXII thread as it is more relevant in this general discussion thread. ~bbninjas

I know this might be a little off-topic from the game, but I'm planning on making a submission to the upcoming hosting applications. If you want to host with me, or need a co-host, PM me your ideas, and we can try to collaborate.

Moved from the WWXXXII thread as it is more relevant in this general discussion thread. ~bbninjas
We like to rotate our hosts as much as possible, so I'd like to say now that there will be a small chance of you actually getting accepted in the next round of hosting applications if we get significant interest based on that variable alone. <3

I really want to host a game but I have 0 experience in hosting, so I guess I can co-host if anyone wants me to. :)

I'm willing to cohost in terms of balance and game design. I wouldn't be very active in posting vote counts or updates unless I'm needed.

Aaaaand it's time for Werewolf host applications to open again! Applications should be submitted to the FG staff: Athena, bbninjas, Celever, Luispipe8. Once submitted, we'll respond with acknowledgement of your application within 24 hours. Make sure to read the important details about applying for WW hosting can be found here!

The deadline for apps will be June 20th at the timestamp of this post. Good luck to all applicants!

Last edited:
It's that time again... we want community input! There have been recent discussions about the naming of werewolf on this site, and whether it should change to "mafia". Werewolf is the name used here because the first host of the game called the game as such, based on the real life card version of mafia, which is called werewolves. However, werewolf isn't a widely used name for the game, meaning that it's possible our dwindling userbase could have been rectified a little by us calling the game mafia.

The argument for changing the name is that potential players searching for outlets with which to play the game will be seeking for mafia as the key word, and so calling the game mafia would give our site more publicity on google searches, and even attract potential mafia fans who have seen this forum but not checked out werewolf thanks to its guise. For this reason I personally think that changing the name of werewolf to mafia is the best thing to do, but we want the opinions of the players to see how the name change will affect all you guys!

Post below, and we'll pretty much do whatever the community says. :p

The game is called mafia. Ergo, we should call it mafia.

I dunno, there really shouldn't be any debate beyond "tradition" here as far as I see it.

Hmm, I kinda got used to WW, but I don't mind changing it to Mafia if it means potentially more players. Go for it :]

We've decided to swap over to the Mafia naming structure as most people are for it (or neutral at the least). The change will become official once I finish remaking the new threads.

This thread has been replaced with a new and improved version! Please continue any further discussion in the new Resources thread which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back