'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
Really not good. Maybe Hoopa unbound prism star or GX next set that evolves from regular Hoopa? Probably not, but I can hope.

Pauk214

Aspiring Trainer
This would have been more versatile if the first attack was single colorless, or even free in today's game.

theophile

Aspiring Trainer
Could be interesting in a trick deck with Missing Clover, Puzzle of Time, Oranguru (Resource Management), and Herdier.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
The stats on this card is basically everything you would want from an evolving basic Pokemon.
Good HP for a basic. 1 retreat and attacks for 1 energy.

But it doesn't evolve, so by attaching to hoopa your not leading up to anything. not only that but your only doing 10 damage a turn with a chance to paralyse, in a format where people play skateboards in their decks to retreat paralysed pokemon anyway.

(Escape Board)

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Hoopa

• First attack, ehh pretty good in Garbador or maybe Espeon GX.

• Second attack, Bad, just bad.

• NEW COLUMN! ARTWORK! I like this artwork! Hoopa looks so cute in it a I can (maybe) see the tower from the movie in the backround.
Overall 2.5/5

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
The stats on this card is basically everything you would want from an evolving basic Pokemon.
Good HP for a basic. 1 retreat and attacks for 1 energy.

But it doesn't evolve, so by attaching to hoopa your not leading up to anything. not only that but your only doing 10 damage a turn with a chance to paralyse, in a format where people play skateboards in their decks to retreat paralysed pokemon anyway.

(Escape Board)
If you were to play this card in a deck you would almost never use the second attack. Only the first attack to set up.

TincanRiolu

Can’t afford Leles :l
Everybody's reaction to this card:
15d.gif

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Wow. This set is genuinely terrible. It's basically only going to be the stuff from SM5+ and maybe Ultra Necrozma and Malamar that will sell the set when it gets to us.

A lot better than Evolutions, mind you, but only slightly better than Flashfire.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
Wow. This set is genuinely terrible. It's basically only going to be the stuff from SM5+ and maybe Ultra Necrozma and Malamar that will sell the set when it gets to us.

A lot better than Evolutions, mind you, but only slightly better than Flashfire.

For Pokemon I agree, but didn’t we get some awesome trainers in flashfire?

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
For Pokemon I agree, but didn’t we get some awesome trainers in flashfire?

Good point. This set is definately worse than just Lysandre and Blacksmith.

Would really wish they stopped with the filler sets, not only would it make these reveals more entertaining but it would actually give me a reason to do pre-releases again.