'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
i like that yveltal coin i might get some blister packs just for the coin:p it looks like the name of the Alolan Exxegutor theme deck is Tropical Shakedown, And i am certain that the Lycanroc theme deck name is Twilight Rogue.

Last edited:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Regigigas is terrible. Why is it a promo? Garbodor is nice, though. And I love the Forbidden Light pack art! Do we know the set abbreviation yet? (I've just been using FBL.)

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
Regigigas is terrible. Why is it a promo? Garbodor is nice, though. And I love the Forbidden Light pack art! Do we know the set abbreviation yet? (I've just been using FBL.)

Being terrible hasn't stopped promos from existing before. Unless we're talking about tins, promos are often just collector fodder. For example, despite it not being good and having 2 versions of this card already (regular print and League Challenge stamped), I'll probably buy the Regigigas blister just to have this version for my collection as well. I think it's fine. We have 1 competitive blister promo (Garbodor) and 1 collector fodder promo (Regigigas). Kids love legendaries after all and may not be as stoked to buy a blister containing a literal garbage pokémon.

Side note: I'm having a hard time with figuring out what Ultra Necrozma "is". I don't mean in terms of animal, it's obviously a dragon. I mean more what it is made of. In the games and in a lot of the promotional artwork it seems like the non-crystalline parts are light and not necessarily tangible. However, the TCG art makes the non-crystalline aspects of it look like plastic... or at the very least something you could physically touch. I'm so confused.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer

If you want to be technical it's not a promo, it and Garbodor are just alternates. Exeggcute and Rockruff are promos. This was probably because the second artwork existed in Japan and they needed something for the blisters without putting a reprint in a main set.

Grimxcore

Budding Professor
Well the artwork looks great. That rockruff will never see play unfortunately. I can't wait for the alt art Garbodor.

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
I'm looking right at that Yveltal coin. Very excited for all of this, my attitudes really changed about this set ever since I reminded myself about my boy naganaganaganaganaganaganaganadel being in the set.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
I just checked the gamestop page for the Johto Premium collection and they fixed it, it will not have forbidden light boosters :'( i hate when the internet points out a loophole and corporations take notice.

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I like that Tra Necrozma on the booster images are set in Kalos in Lumiose City. That’s cool. Still hate Greninja.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
let me put this in my lap
Anyway, Greninja might see play with Glaceon or Zoroark, but still seems pretty "ok" to me.
It's a 2-prize Crobat without free retreat.

Doby

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I’m glad the Gx and regular attack have the same cost this card should see some play